Time to fly home - Chapter 22

*time skip to when Dianne is leaving for Australia*

Dianne's PoV
So today is the day. Im leaving Joe all one for 2 weeks. If something happens to him i would never forgive myself. Honestly i don't want to leave but i need to see my family. I really should tell them about the baby but i need to do it with Joe but he cant come. Its so frustrating i wish he could just jump on a plane and come with me but he cant!

I woke up early today expecting Joe to be asleep next to me. It was only 5am and i needed to be at the airport soon. I wondered where Joe was but i couldn't be late so i had to go and get ready. When i walked out i saw Joe standing in his wardrobe getting dressed. His body was absolutely amazing. I just wanted to go over there and stay in his arms forever but i knew i couldn't. Wait why is Joe not in bed? Why is he getting dressed?
"Joe? Why are you awake?"
"Oh come on Di you don't think i would not come to the airport with you do you?"
"Wait you're coming?" I screamed with excitement.
"Of course i am. Im not just saying goodbye here. I want to spend as much time as possible with you".
"Yay, i love you so much Joseph". I kissed him gently and he pulled away.
"By the way I'm so sorry your main Christmas present hasn't arrived. I guess you will just have to wait until i see you next".
"Joe. Its fine. As long as you FaceTime me on Christmas i don't care".

Joes PoV
Little did she know i was going to be with her on Christmas day.
"Of course Di. Now come on we don't wanna be late". She nodded and went over to her suitcase. But before she picked it up i ran over and grabbed it away from her. She smiled and grabbed her phone and jacket. She looked so sad, it broke my heart. Im so glad I'm surprising her. It will be amazing.

*at the airport*

"Im going to miss you so much Dianne". I gave her a weak smile as she through her arms around my neck. She sobbed into my shoulder while i rubbed her back.
"Come on. You don't want to miss your flight. I will text you whenever i can. And don't forget to text me once you've landed".
"Okay. I love you Joe, stay safe. Bye!" She smiled at me and kissed me goodbye. What did she mean by stay safe?
"I love you too babe. Have a good flight. Text me when you land". She turned away and started walking towards her gate. I gave her one last look and then turned my phone on. It was about 3pm in Australia where Dianne's parents were. I called Andrew, her brother.
Joe - J Andrew - A
A. Hiya Joe
J. Hi Andrew shes just boarding her plane as we speak.
A. Aw thats great thank you so much. You all set to come?
J. Yeah just need to head back pack my suitcase and ill be heading out late tomorrow night. When you pick her up please don't say anything.
A. Don't worry mate. I wont. How are you going to get here after the plane?
J. Not sure yet. Was probably just going to get a cab.
A. Nah don't do that me and Brendan will pick you up. Cant wait to meet you.
J. Aw brilliant. Thanks mate and cant wait to meet you too. I gotta get home and pack. I'll speak to you later.

I ended the call and got back to my car. I drove home in silence. Not listening to the radio or anything. I just sat there thinking about how Dianne would react and what i would say to her. Also. Would her family like me? I want to impress them but what if i give the wrong impression. I don't want to lose Dianne but what if her family doesn't like me. What am I supposed to do then?