34|We're Gonna Need a Spotlight Part 2

We're Gonna Need a Spotlight Part 2

The Woods

Faith's POV

Hope, Landon and I were walking to the would to get to Dorian as quickly as possible to make sure he didn't get infected by the slug and once we made it up to him he was just staring at the unicorn "Mr Williams, we need your help Dr Saltzman's been MIA and this creepy slug came out of my ear" Hope explained and Dorian turns around to look at us and Landon and I both look at him suspiciously until he lifts up a jar contain a messed up slug "did it look like this" he asked us causing me to sigh in relief "yep, exactly like that" "thats the one" Landon and I tell him "this one tried getting into me I was hoping it was the only one I think our harmless friend the unicorn walked onto the school grounds to infect us" Dorian says and just as he does the unicorn freaks out before dying right before our eyes "see harmless" Hope says as I let out a shaky breath grabbing onto her hand.

Community Area

Hope, Landon, Dorian and I were looking at a bunch of books trying to figure out what to do and how to find out who was infected "ok we have no idea how long the unicorn was infected before it killed over so we should figure this out right now" he tells us as we keep looking through the books "I thought only one monster comes for the urn at a time" Landon states "except the unicorn wasn't the monster it was just the host to that thing" I say before point at the ugly slug as Dorian nods in agreement "a parasite it much of arrived here in the Trojan horse and then it moved onto us from what Hope decries its sounds like it latches onto the pre-frontal cortex the part of the brain associated with inhibitions" Dorian finishes off using the technical terms.

"So I was slug drunk" Hope asked dumbing it down making me quietly chuckle "we have multiple slugs it must replicate inside the host and wait for the opportunity to infect someone else" Dorian further explains making me scrunch my nose is disgust "I'm good on the gory details, thank you," she says while shutting a book "So how do we stop it" I asked Dorian "That's the weirdest part I can't find an ancient legends about a creature like this" he says and Landon starts looking at us like we are crazy "Invasion of the body snatchers, the faculty I say again wrath of kan, SiFi is our modern day myths meaning they could have been inspired by something right in those movies its all about mind control before the slug popped out Faith said that Hope wanted to take the urn some place i'm guessing Malivore" Landon states and it actually makes sense as to why what happened today happened.

"So it's like an infection it gets worse as it spreads stage one it lowers your inhibitions it makes the person act out of character stage two once your open to suggestions you'll do what ever the slug wants" Dorian says and Hope picks up the slug as we start examining it closely "until stage three you are the way of the unicorn" Landon finishes while I'm still looking at the slug I notice something about it "did you see this parts of this thing look bio-luminescent" I tell Dorian and he grabs a back light and grabs the slug from us pint the light only for it to glow really bright "whoa" Hope, Landon and I say at the same time.