Chapter 43 "A Lot of Pain"

"My father would never manipulate anyone, let alone my mother." I countered him bitterly.

Oh god, I wish Finn was here right now. He'd know how to handle this.

"Of course you'd think that, he manipulated you into believe he was a good person, too. But you weren't there, you don't know how much Bella and I were in love. She still loves me, she just doesn't know it." He informed me, his voice steady.

He was serious.

"You're crazy." I scoff, shaking my head.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" He yelled, lifting up his hand and throwing into the wall right about the hole where his foot was. "I'm just a man trying to finally piece his life back together!"

He took his hand from the wall and shook his, the dust falling from it and landing on the ground.

"I have a respectable business going and a big house." He smiles. "Bella would love that house-"

"No she wouldn't. Do you even know her? She hates stuff like that, expensive things and big gestures." I cut him off.

"Shut up, you don't know anything about her. She's been brainwashed for the last sixteen years!"

He really is crazy.

He lifted his right arm and looked at the watch on his wrist.

"Finn should have woken up by now. It's time to make a little call, shall we?" He smiled and reached into his back pocket.

He swiped his phone, typed a few button, and soon the sound of a phone ringing echoed in the room.

It rang for a few seconds before there was nothing but silence.

"Bella, James. It's nice to reconnect, isn't it?" Finn's uncle spoke into his face, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You piece of shit, what did you do with our daughter?"

I've never heard my father so angry. Not even when I we got busted for spray painting the billboard.

Finn's uncle laughed. "James, still the overprotective bastard from high school, I see."

"Kyle, still the sick son of a bitch from high school, I see." Megan's voice cut in.

So his name is Kyle...

"Megan, what a lousy surprise. Isn't there a custody battle with your baby daddy you should be in right now? The court is waiting." He rolled his eyes.

"Bite me." She snapped.

"What do you want with my daughter?" I heard my father question from the phone.

Kyle's smile broadened.

"Oh, I want nothing with your daughter. It's her mother that I want."

"You're sick." My father spat back. "Where is she?"

"That's not important right now. Right now the important thing to know is that if I don't have my Bella in my arms in twelve hours, you'll never see this little shit again."

I don't know if it was the fear from hearing that he was going to kill me, or I was just having a bold day, but the next thing I do must have surprised him.

"Daddy! Daddy, help me! I'm in an old house in the middle of nowhere-" I begin to scream before a sudden burst of pain ripples through my cheek.

He slapped me.

"Shut the hell up!" He screamed and tossed the phone on the mattress

He walked out of the room, only to return with a baseball bat in his hand.

My baseball bat.

"This is what happens when you don't listen!"

It all happened so fast. Him lifting the baseball bat over his head. Watching it come crashing down towards me at lightning speed. Feeling it connect with my left knee.

I scream out, throwing my head back while squeezing my eyes shut. Tears starts to pour down my cheeks.

One word:

Ouch.

"You have a very disobedient daughter, James." Kyle laughed as he dropped the baseball bat, making a loud bang against the floor, before picking up the phone.

My knee was pulsing in pain and I was too afraid to look down at it. But when I do, it somehow felt ten times worse than before.

My entire knee was dripping in blood and the skin was starting to turn a black and blue color.

"Zara? Oh princess, it's going to be okay." He told me through the phone.

I wanted to believe him, I just didn't know how. Any chance of me breaking out and running is now gone. The only thing left to do is find me and trade my mother for me.

Which they will never do because they were meant to be. I was the mistake.

"Alright, that's enough of the gooey shit. You have twelve hours to hand Bella over or she gets it." He spit my name out of his mouth like it was poison.

He tapped a button on his phone, cutting my father of from speaking.

The tears were streaming down my face as my knee throbbed and gushed blood.

It hurts so fucking bad.

"Oo," Kyle started as he finally looked at my knee. "That must hurt."

And then, he walked out of the room.

~~~

A.N~

I just wanted to say how much I love all of you so so so so SO much. :)

Chapter 43 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed! <3