Chapter 24 "Partners"

Finn's POV

I unlock my front door, my mind miles away from my head. All I can think about is Zara.

Is she okay?

Maybe I'll go over there to make sure.

I push open the door and slam it shut. I heard voices coming from the kitchen, which was odd since my sister isn't home yet and my uncle avoids other people.

I make my way to the kitchen and see my uncle sitting at the kitchen island with-

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I can't help but yell.

Parker smirks. "Hey, Finn. How ya doin'?"

"Get the hell out of my hou-"

"Shut up!" My uncle's booming voice cuts me off as he stands up. "Cut that shit out Finn, I don't need to hear more bickering come out of your goddamn mouth."

"What the hell is he even doing here?"

"You and Parker will be doing business together from now on." My eyes widen.

"No." I shake my head. "No fucking way."

"I'm sorry, I don't remember asking if you wanted to or not. You're going to be civil with Parker or you can go back to being a fucking orphan!" My uncle yelled, slamming his fists on the kitchen counter.

My breathing was heavy now, my chest rising and falling fast. Parker watched my reaction carefully, a smirk never leaving his lips.

"There's a guy I did business with last month who still hasn't paid me back. I need you two to go to his house and rough him up a bit." My uncle tells us, but Parker and I are still lost in our staring contest. "Now!"

I glance at my uncle before grabbing my keys and walking towards the door.

Once I hear Parker close the front door, I grab ahold of his neck and slam him against it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

He chuckles, though it sounds like he's having trouble breathing. "Whatever do you mean, Finn?"

"Look, I don't care if you're working for my uncle. I don't care that I have to work with your ugly face but I do care about whatever you did to Zara."

"What happens between Zara and I is between Zara and I. I think you should mind your own business. Now, you should let go, your uncle wouldn't be too pleased if you killed me." He calmly replied in his cocky tone.

"I swear to God if you do anything to hurt her, my uncle will be looking for a new right hand man." I told him, my face dangerously close to his before I let him drop to the ground.

~~~

I pulled my car in front of a dumpy looking trailer. The front yard was littered with garbage and old furniture and some of the windows on the trailer had been smashed.

"Stay behind me, I'll handle it." I told Parker as I stepped out of my car.

"Hold your horses there, buddy. This isn't my first rodeo, I know what I'm doing." I roll my eyes.

Why am I not surprised?

I go around the back of my car and open the trunk to grab my gun.

"What, I get no gun?" Parker asked.

"Whoops, looks like my uncle forgot to give you one." I shrug my shoulders and smirk, walking towards the front door.

I knock a couple times until I hear shuffling from behind the door. A couple second later, the door opens a crack and scrawny man in a dirty wife beater peeks his head out. His eyes have bags and his skin is pale.

He's obviously addicted to heroin, and he's sadly not the first one I've dealt with.

"Yes?" He asks, his voice shaky.

I push the door open, causing the man's back to smack against the wall. I pick him up by his wife beater and lift him off the ground, holding my gun underneath his chin.

"I heard you owe my uncle some money." I said, keeping my voice steady as Parker closes the front door. "Are you trying to rip us off?"

"N-No! I-I would never. I j-just don't have the money right now." He told me, his muscles going stiff.

"Don't bullshit me, Carl." I told him, pushing the barrel of the gun harder against his skin.

"H-Honest, m-my sister needed the m-money for surgery-"

"Let me handle this, Finn." Parker said.

I turned my head and to see him grab a metal baseball bat from the corner of the room. Before I realized what he was doing, he lifted the bat and hit Carl's knee.

I heard the loud crunch of his bone as he screamed out in pain.

"Ahh, fuck!"

"What the hell did you do that for?" I yell at Parker, who ignores me.

"Where is our fucking money?" Parker yelled at Carl, who now had tears streaming down his face.

"Okay okay, i-it's in the cookie jar on the kitchen counter." He finally told us, his voice shaking violently.

I let go of my grip on his wife beater and he dropped to the ground, his knee now gushing blood.

He moaned out in pain, cupping his knee in an attempt to stop the pain.

Parker came back from the kitchen with a handful of cash. "And that's how you do business." He told me cockily as he walked out of the trailer.

I rolled my eyes.

~~~

A.N~

Oh my god, you guys can't even begin to understand how much I've missed you.

This writer's block really messed me up, but I think it's finally over. :D

*BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE*

I started a YouTube channel!

Yup, I did. I'm pretty much just going to vlog on there so you guys can get to know me as a person. The link will be in my bio, my first video is already posted.

Chapter 24 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed! <3

*Follow my social media's, all links are in my bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on the story line so far?

-Who's your favorite character?