Chapter 10 "New Roommate"

Zara's POV

"I got married six years ago, to the father of my daughter. You know, the grandchild you didn't want, and the child you didn't want me to have." The muffled sound of my mother's voice said.

I pressed my face closer against the door, trying to get a clear sound.

My mother sounded angry, angrier than I've ever heard her before and it scared me.

My parents have never been the type to yell, not even when I did something wrong.

So this...this was a whole new side to my mother I never saw.

I always wondered who my other grandmother was. My mother told me she was a bad person who cared about no one other than herself, and that we're better off without her. But I couldn't help but wonder why she hated me so much.

A sudden banging on my window made my body jolt back, falling hard on the floor. I whip my head to see what caused the noise when I see Finn at the window.

I stumble onto my feet, my eyes wide.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in a yell-whisper, pulling the window open.

Finn swings his leg over the windowsill and climbs in, letting out a breath as he landed on his feet.

"I need a favor." He told me, his eyes pleading me in desperation.

I don't know what it was, but the look in his eyes made everything that just happened with my mom wash away. All I could think about was Finn and his problem.

"Alright, what is it?" I shove my hands in my pocket, shifting my weight between my legs.

"I need a place to crash tonight."

"So you chose to ask me before anyone else?" I ask in shock.

"Don't be so full of yourself. I asked Harley, but his parents are in town this week."

"Don't you have any other friends?" He shook his head and I sighed. "Today really isn't a good day." I mumble, looking towards my door.

I could still hear the faint sounds of yelling coming from downstairs.

"Why?"

"Long story-" I start, turning to look back at him. That's when I notice it.

His left eye was red and puffy, his lip cut and bleeding.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I ask frantically, lifting my hand slightly to touch his wounds.

He winces. "Nothing, I'm fine." He tells me, but it's very obvious he wasn't telling the truth.

"Sit down." I command him, gesturing towards my bed as I run into the bathroom that was connected to my room.

I grab a towel and wet it under the warm water before returning back to Finn, who was now sitting on my bed.

I place the towel on his bleeding lip, making him pull away slightly.

"I can't fix you if you won't sit still." I tell him, looking straight into his bright blue eyes.

They kind of reminded me of the ocean on a hot, summer day.

He hesitated for a second, his eyes unsure before leaning back towards me.

I continued to pat the cut until the blood was all gone.

"There, now tell me what happened." I toss the towel into my hamper and place my hand on my hips expectantly.

"It's a long story." He told me blankly, looking down at the ground.

"I have time."

"Look, I really don't want to get into it. Can we please drop it?" He snapped, lifting his head to look at me.

His eyebrows were pressed down and his eyes were slightly wide. The look in his eyes made me snap my mouth shut.

"Alright fine." I say, walking over to my closet.

I grab a blanket and a pillow before stomping back over to Finn.

"You'll be sleeping on the floor." I drop the pile on his lap before walking around to my bed, dropping myself on it.

"Zara-" He started.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. I'm listening to music." I yell, putting my earbuds in my ears.

I didn't have any music playing yet, but I was too annoyed with him to be nice.

"Zara, I'm sorry-"

"I love this song!" I yell as if music really was playing, bobbing my head back and forth.

I heard him sigh before placing the pillow on the floor and laying his head on it. 

~~~

A.N~

Sorry for the shorter chapter. :/

Chapter 10 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Follow my social media's, links in bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?