Chapter 5 "Partner From Hell"

"Good morning class." My mother said as she walked into the classroom.

Everyone inside quickly ran to their seat and shut their mouths. By now, everyone knew not to mess with her, or you would regret it. Though, she is a fun teacher that everyone loves.

"So, today we will be starting a partner project."

Everyone groaned in unison before my mom looked up at us, making everyone shut up.

"Don't complain. There is no complaining in my class. The project is about Romeo and Juliet, the play we have been reading for the past couple of days. You will have to come up with your own alternate ending and act it out in front of the class. I will be picking your partners because I know some of you will not work if I let you pick."

Her eyes landed on Finn and Harvey and they fist bumped.

"Kate and Dylan."

"Angela and Brittany."

"Pete and David."

"Laliah and Hank."

"Mark and Madison."

"Bill and Frank."

"Harvey and Natalia."

"Finn and Zara."

I couldn't help the extreme eye roll coming along when I heard my name in the same sentence as Finn's.

I looked up and saw him walking towards me, an unhidable smirk on his face.

"Well, hello partner." He grinned and sat it the desk in front of me.

"Let's just do this with as little communicating as possible. I really hate the sound of your voice." I roll my eyes and he smiles.

He freaking smiles.

"Alright, cupcake." I look up from my paper and raise and eyebrow.

"Cupcake?" He nods.

"I think it suits you."

"I don't."

"I do."

"I don't!"

"I do!"

"I DON'T!" I yelled, grabbing the attention from the entire classroom.

"Whatever, cupcake." I felt my face heat up and I had a sudden urge to punch someone.

"Zara, is there a problem?" My mother asked me from the front of the classroom.

"No, of course not Mrs Thomas." Finn answered for me with a smug smile on his face. "So, what time am I coming to your place tonight?"

"Excuse me?" I scoff.

"Well, we need to work on our project."

"Fine, just be at my house at six sharp or I'll shut the door in your face."

"Challenge accepted."

~~~

"Who could be here?" My dad asked curiously, standing up from the couch to answer the door.

I run towards it before he could, pulling the door open.

"I'm right on time." Finn smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. Just get inside." I open the door wider for him to step inside.

My father eyed him up and down, his arms crossed over his chest. "Who is this?"

"This is Finn, we're working on a project together." I state.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Thomas." Finn says uncomfortably, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Finn?" I heard my mother ask from the doorway of the kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello, Mrs Thomas." He waves to her.

"We're working on our English project. Now if you'll excuse us-" I grab Finn's hand and lead him towards the stairs.

"Uh, you're going to work in the living room where I can watch you." My father spoke up, causing me to stop in my place.

"Oh for the love of god." I mutter.

"James, leave them alone." My mother told him, making his eyes narrow.

"Later." I tell them and drag Finn up the stairs before my father could say anything else.

I shut the door to my bedroom behind us and jumped on my bed, grabbing my backpack.

"You know, you're parents look really young to have a sixteen year old daughter." Finn speaks, sitting on my bed next to me.

"That's because they are." I mutter, grabbing my notebook and pencil. I notice Finn give me a curious look and I sigh. "They had me when they were sixteen."

"What? Mrs Thomas? A teen mother?" He gasps, his eyes wide.

"Yes, you have a problem with that?" I look at him seriously.

"No, not at all. I just wasn't expecting it." He raised his hands in surrender and I roll my eyes. "What's got your panties in a twist, cupcake?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you're at my house and keep calling me cupcake like I'm some freaking child." I huffed and he chuckled. "What are you laughing at?"

"Someone's feisty today." I roll my eyes.

"If you don't like it you can go home. Let the door hit you on the way out."

"No, no. I like it, a love a challenge." He smirks.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raise an eyebrow at him and his smirk widens. "Ugh, you're disgusting."

"You know you love it." He told me.

"Maybe in your dreams. Now let's get to work, my dad will be coming to check up on us soon." I tell him as I pull out my laptop, while he watches me with a smirk.

~~~

A.N~

Chapter 5 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?