Chapter 19 "Breaking and Entering"

"What took you so long?" I snap, quickly closing my book and placing it on my bedside table.

Finn closed my bedroom door, tossing the grey plastic bag on my bed.

"Well I'm sorry the line at the craft store was a mile long." He sighs. "Who knew people loved to craft on a Wednesday night so much?"

"Just shut up and open the bag." I command and Finn rolled his eyes, pulling the handles open.

He flipped the bag upside down and at least fifteen cans of spray paint fell out onto my bed, each a different color.

I smile, admiring the scene in front of me. "This is going to be awesome."

"As long as I get to paint a dick in the girls' locker room." Finn smirked, grabbing the black can.

I roll my eyes. "Very mature."

"What? Imagine how funny it will be when the girls run out screaming." I think about it for a minute before I burst out laughing.

"You're right, you have to do that." Finn smirks and throws all the cans back in the bag. "Do you remember the plan?"

"Yes, Cupcake. You sneak out through the window and I meet you down the block in my car." He rolls his eyes.

"No need to get snippy, I had to make sure you remembered." I snap, leaning back against my headboard.

"It's the most simple plan, even a moron would understand."

"Which is why I was making sure you did." He narrowed his eye at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oh, look whos the mature one now." He scoffed, throwing the plastic back in his backpack and zipping it up.

"Hey, at least I'm-"

"Zara?" My dad's muffled voice from behind the door cut me off.

The door is pushed open slowly before my dad peers over to see inside.

"How's the project coming along in here?" He asked suspiciously.

"Oh, fantastic. Thanks for asking." I tell him with a fake smile, nodding my head to really drive the lie home.

"Good." My dad says before leaving us in a silence.

This is so awkward.

"Alright, well I better get home." Finn announced, ending the silence.

"Good idea." My dad cut in, opening the door wider for Finn the exit.

Finn pressed his lips together, before throwing his backpack on his shoulder.

"I'll see you at school, Cupcake." Finn said before exiting the room.

I slap my palm against my face as the words left him mouth, feeling my cheeks heat up slowly.

"Cupcake?" My dad questions in shock once we heard the front door close.

I groan and flop onto my bed in embarrassment.

~~~

"Shh!" I urge Finn after he tripped over a crack in the sidewalk, creating a loud thump in the ground.

"I could've died and all you did was shush me!" He yell-whispered to me, but I don't turn around to see if he was okay.

"You're fine, just get up." I tell him as I continue to tip toe towards the front doors of the school.

I heard Finn mumble a few curse words under his breath as he stood himself back up.

Once we reach the front doors, I open Finn's backpack and pull out the bag of spray paint.