Chapter 11 "Pancakes and Secrets"

I woke up to a very unfamiliar sight.

Finn was sitting on the edge of my bed, looking curiously around my room.

I slowly sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning." Finn chirped, smiling sweetly at me.

"It would've been if you weren't here." I mumbled, brushing through my tangled hair with my fingers.

"Not a morning person, I see." He chuckled, his gaze turning to my room. "You have a nice room. Though, I never would've guessed you liked grey so much." He chuckled again.

I couldn't help the fluttering in my heart when he laughed. His laugh was so deep and genuine.

"I didn't pick it. My parents picked it out before I was born, just thought I should keep it the way it is." I yawn, ripping the covers from my body before walking towards my closet.

"I don't suppose you have any clothes for me to wear?" Finn asked, and I shook my head. "Didn't think so."

"Do you paint?" He asked, breaking the short silence between us.

I turn to see him point towards my wall above my bed.

There hung paintings of different sceneries of nature.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" I mumble, turning back to my closet.

"Nothing, you're just really good." I heard him say.

"Thanks." I manage to reply quietly.

I hate compliments or talking about my work.

"Zara?" I heard my mother's voice say behind my door, following with a knock.

I froze in place, giving Finn a frightened glance.

"Yeah?"

"Dad and I are going out to breakfast, do you want to join?"

"No thanks, I'll make something here." I tell her.

"Alright, we'll be back in about an hour and a half." She told me before the sounds of footsteps getting quieter were heard.

I waited until the hall became silent to let out a breath of relief.

"Looks like we have the house to ourselves." Finn broke the silence, his signature smirk playing on his lips.

"We?" I question, turning back to my closet to pick out an outfit.

"You don't think I'm going to leave you all alone in this house, do you?"

"I was hoping." I smirk, grabbing a hanger from the rod before turning back to look at Finn.

He rolled his eyes. "No you weren't." He stood up from the bed and took a couple, slow steps towards me.

His face was now inches apart from mine and I could feel his breathe on my face. My skin tingle at the thought of his touch and I looked into his eyes, his bright blue eyes.

His eyes were looking at me in a way I've never seen before. In a way that made my heart slowly climb in speed.

This has never happened before, my heart racing because of a guy.

Not once in my life has a guy had this kind of affect on me, and it was confusing.

Suddenly, his lips turned up slightly.

This bastard was smirking.

"You better get changed. I'll be downstairs." He whispered before slowly taking a step back and exiting my room.

I blink a few times, blankly staring at the door.

What just happened?

Once I get changed and brush out my hair, I jog down the stairs. The familiar sound of sizzling catches me off guard as I walk closer towards the kitchen.

Finn was holding the handle of a pan, jerking it back and forth as something on it was cook. He looked so focus in not burning whatever it was, it took him a couple seconds to notice my presence.

"There you are." He smiled, and that's when I noticed it.

He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of sweatpants.

"Where the hell did you shirt go? And are those my dad's sweatpants?"

"Calm down, cupcake. I put my clothes in the washing machine. I'll return and wash these sweatpants, don't worry." He smirked and I huffed.

"Might as well borrow a shirt." I mumble.

"What? Uncomfortable with my being shirtless?" He smirked again, raising an eyebrow.

"Please, I've seen better abs on a girl." That was such a lie.

Out of all the one night stands I've encountered, Finn had the best looking upper body I've ever seen.

He chuckled. "Right, well I hope you like pancakes." He scraped off a couple pancakes off the pan and dropped them onto a plate before placing it on the table behind him.

I take a seat in front of the plate and pick up a fork, taking the first bite.

"Well?" He asked expectantly as he dropped down in the seat across from me with his own plate.

"It's good, not as good as my mom's, but good." I told him honestly and he rolls his eyes.

"I can never win with you, can I?" He raised and I shook my head with a smirk.

I looked up at him, getting a good look at his face; the skin around his eye was turning black and blue, different from the red puff it was last night. His lip is slightly swollen, the cut colored a vibrant red.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened last night?"

His hand froze as he went to cut another piece of pancake with his fork. His jaw clenched and his eyes just stared at the plate. He looked like a statue, frozen like that.

I didn't think about what I was saying until I actually said it, but then it was too late.

I asked a question I knew he wouldn't answer, but it was eating me away inside.

What is your secret?

"I told you I don't want to get into it." He finally spoke, returning back to motion: cutting a piece of pancake and shoving it in his mouth, rather aggressively.

"I just don't understand." I started, looking over him carefully for any signs to stop talking. He continued eating, as if he couldn't hear me. "If you're in some kind of trouble-"

"Zara, I said drop it." He finally snapped, making me jolt back. I quickly close my mouth, my heart beating slightly faster than normal.

He shook his head and pursed his lips. "It's time to get to school." He mumbled, standing up and walking towards the laundry room.

~~~

A.N~

Sorry for the awful chapter, not proud of this at all.

Chapter 11 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Follow my social media's, all links are in m bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?