Chapter 7 "The Devil's Party"

"Nat, I swear. I would never make something like that up." I tell her, pacing around my room as she sat on my bed.

"Okay, but why would Finn have a gun in school?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"I don't know!" I exclaim. "He was trying to get some kid to give him 'his' money."

"If this is true, you cannot go to the party with him." Natalia told me, standing up from my bed and taking a few steps towards me.

"I know, but I don't know how to get out of it without getting shot." I sigh, pulling at my hair slightly.

"Zara, chill out. I won't let anything happen to you." Natalia grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

"Maybe I should tell my parents-"

"No, you'll have to tell them where you're planning on going tonight." I let out a sigh of defeat.

Just then, knocking was heard on my window. It sounded like rocks were being thrown at it and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Oh my god, he's here." I squeak, my eyes wide as moons.

"Okay, alright." Natalia started frantically, her eyes wandering around my room as she thought. "Uh, maybe-"

KNOCK KNOCK

"Maybe if we don't answer it, he'll go away." I tell her hopefully and she nods.

Just moments later, the sound of the window being pushed open was heard. We both snap our heads in the direction of it and saw Finn holding himself up on the windowsill as he lifted the window.

"Damnit!" I whisper-yell, my heart beating like a drum in my ears.

"Hey. Do you know how easy it is to break into your room?" I heard Finn's voice says as he lifts his body over the windowsill and his feet land on my carpet.

My breath hitched in my throat as I saw him stand up straight and brush himself off.

He was wearing a tight, black button up shirt and skinny jeans.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me with a smile.

"You know, I'm not feeling too well. I think I'm just going to stay in tonight." I lie with a fake 'I'm sorry' smile.

"You don't look sick." He said, looking me up and down.

I had made the mistake of getting dressed for the party before hand.

"Yeah, well-"

"You're not getting out of this that easy." He told me, grabbing my wrist and pulled me towards the window. I turn back to look at Natalia for help, but she just gives me a worried smile.

I'm doomed.

~~~

"Are you okay?" Finned asked as I jittered in the passenger seat of his car.

The music from the house beside us was booming loudly, but slightly muffled from the car.

"I told you I don't feel well."

"No, that's not it." He narrowed his eyes at me and leaned in slightly. I flinched as his body came closer towards me. "What's really wrong?"

"Let's just go to the party." I give him a fake smile while opening the car door and stepping out.

I rush towards the house, leaving him behind.

I quickly push through the crowds of people in the living room until I find a sliding glass door. I push it open and step out into the backyard patio, letting out a relieved sigh.