Revenge

Emily POV {one month later}

It's been a month and my body has finally healed enough for me to not need my wheelchair. My ribs still hurt a little and I walk with a limp but the doctor said that it wouldn't last.

The one good thing is that my face isn't all bruised up anymore. Yet I do have a nasty scare that runs along my check bone because of the assholes rings.

Johnny and I both have matching scars from him actually. Apparently it's one of his calling cards because Tim Shepard has one like ours on his chin.

Dally and Steve are furious that my face is scared but honestly I think it makes me look tuff.

I've had a hard time sleeping though. I keep waking up with anxiety attacks about being jumped. Johnny told me that he gets them too.

I look over at my clock to see that it's only 12 am. I look at Steve next to me and smile. I can't believe I would have ever thought he didn't care about me.

I snuggle up closer to him and listen to his steady heartbeat. I don't know how but it always calms me down when I'm freaking out.

As I try to calm myself down I feel Steve's hands rubbing my back. I smile into his chest and he pulls me closer to him.

"Monkey you need to go to sleep. We have work in the morning and you still need to heal up some more" he says in his sleepy voice.

"I just can't go to sleep babe I'm not tired" I say hoping that he buys my lie.

"You are a horrible liar baby and you know it.  So what's really going on" he asks as he props himself up on his elbow.

I sigh and look into his eyes as a tear escapes my eye. He gives me a sad smile and wipes my tear away with his calloused thumb.

"I'm just afraid that if I go to sleep the nightmares will come back" I say starting to cry again.

Steve pulls me into him once again and combs my hair with his fingers.

"Baby I know you are scared but you have to sleep. I wish we could take you to the doctor to get something for this but we just can't afford it right now. I am so sorry that you have to go through this but just know that I will always be next to you to help fight them away."

I look up at Steve and softly plant a kiss on his lips. He smiles and leans down to kiss me. When he kisses me it's as if the whole world stands still. After a few minutes he pulls away and takes my hand into his.

"Emily I don't know what I would do without you. You are my everything and I love you so much. But I'm exhausted and I know you are too. So come here" he pulls me to him again and places his hands on my hips. And I fall asleep to his fingers gliding up and down my side as he says sweet nothings into my ear.

Steve POV
I wake up to a something covering my mouth and telling me to "shut up man". I was quickly relieved when I realized it was Dallas who was waking me up at four in the morning.

I get out of bed, careful not to wake up Emily, and walk into the living room.

"As much as I love not getting sleep" I say in the most sarcastic way any half asleep person can. "I would like to know why the fuck you are trying to give me a heart attack" I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I look around and see that Darry and Soda are up as well. Darry looks pissed and Soda I'm pretty sure is sleeping whilst standing up.

"Shut it man" said Dallas peering into the hallway to make sure Emily was still asleep. "I don't know about you guys but we need to do something about all these attacks" says Dallas as he lights up a cigarette.

"We need to find these assholes and we need to put them in there damn place. This is the second fucking time something has happened to Emily and it's only getting worse" he says trying not to get mad.

"Yeah and what do you think the four of us will do about it Dal. It's four against what 40 plus guys" reasons Darry.

"I don't care if it's one against a hundred damnit I just want ducking revenge ok" says a deadly Dallas.

"I agree with Dallas. We need to make sure whoever did these gets beat the hell up" I say in Dallas' defense.

"You are forgetting one thing" says a yawning Soda. "Emily would freak if she found out you guys are doing this behind her back. And the last thing we need is her running off again".

I look at Dallas and could see that he found that as true as I did. Emily really would flip if she wasn't a part of this.

"Fine we will include her but just not now" says a defeated Dallas.

"Look I know you two want to protect her hell all of us want to protect her. But she is just as stubborn and hot heated as you are Dal. You need to let her in on this before talking about it again. Goodnight and hey never wake me up like this again" says an annoyed Darry as he walks away to his room.

"He's right Dal the next time we talk about this the whole gang should be here" says Soda as he to walks down the hall to his bedroom.

I look at Dallas but he doesn't say anything instead he just lays down on the couch. At this cue I walk back to the bedroom and climb back into bed.