All By Myself

Emily POV

I couldn't take anymore of their arguing. I just I snapped and stormed out of that house. How dare they talk about my life as if I can't take care of myself.

"Ugh" I yell out in frustration and kick over a trash can. I stuff my hands into my leather jacket and keep walking.

"I'm not some lost puppy. I'm my own freaking person" I mumble to myself. I look up and see that I had walked all the way to the DX. I sigh and look around at the seemingly abandoned street.

I sit down on the side walk and scream into my hands. I place my hands in my hair trying to grab anything out of my mind that could possibly help. I can't take all of this pressure I feel like I'm going to explode. I get up and look around me.

I hadn't even realized that the sun had already set. I had been so focused on my thoughts that I have sat out here for three hours.

I start the walk back to the house trying to come up with ways to not get yelled at. After a good walk I open the door and instantly get engulfed in a hug from Steve. I rip myself away from him and just walk into my room and lock the door.

A few seconds later I hear a knock on the door and here Steve say " come on Emily why are you acting like this? I know we are both new at this relationship stuff but I don't think this is how it's supposed to work".

I sigh and unlock the door and open it slowly to see Steve leaning up against the door frame. I look down and say " I can't have none of y'all getting hurt because of me. I'm not worth you guys getting hurt. I" before I could keep talking Steve smashed his lips against mine.

"Never say that you aren't worth it Emily. Those guys out there are our family Emily. We all protect each other no matter who it is. It wouldn't be any different if it was Johnny who was in this situation. And I sure as hell ain't going to let anything happen to you. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to keep you safe" at this I lean up and kiss Steve.

"All right you two cut it out" says Soda as he throws a wadded up newspaper at us.

I look into the living room and see the gang still sitting down in the same place they were when I stormed out. I sighed and walked into the room and look at everyone.

Everyone in that room has a different characteristic that makes them them. I never really realized this until now when it really all matters.

There Darry the caring one. He's the father of the gang he always makes sure everyone is ok. I look at Two and smile to myself. Two-Bit has always been able to make people laugh. Even when you didn't want to laugh he always succeeded. I then look at Soda who is the most charming out of all of us. He can talk his way out of almost anything. Then there is Johnny and Pony. These two boys are the sweetest and most gentle. Then my big brother Dallas, he is just straight up tough. Well tough to everyone but me. I swear I'm his only soft spot. And last but not least there is Steve. He is the most wild out of everyone. He loves doing stunts and racing. And then I think about myself. What's something that defines me.  I think for a minute until a word stands out to me. I'm the dangerous one.