Part of the Gang

"Emily if you don't get out of that fucking bed you are going to be late" said Sodapop slamming my door open. I roll over and give him my famous death glare and scramble out of bed to chase him. He runs out of my room laughing and runs behind Darry. "What did he do this time" said Ponyboy walking into the kitchen rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "He woke me up" I growled staring at Sodapop. " I had to monkey, we are going to be late for work" cried Sodapop reappearing from behind Darry.

"Yo man what's all this racket all about man, I'm trying to sleep man" says a half awake Dally walking into the kitchen. " Soda over here thought it was a good idea to wake up Emily" says Two Bit trying to suppress his laughter. Dally looks between Soda and me and shakes his head. "Man Soda I thought you would have learned from last time when she threw a chair at you" says Two Bit as he goes into the living room laughing.

Without saying a word I stomp off to the bathroom and get in the shower. I get out and dry my hair, brush my teeth , and put my makeup on. I always went with dark and heavy makeup because it made me look tuff. I topped it off with some red lipstick and put my DX uniform on. I walk out and grab some bacon and jump into the car with Steve and Sodapop and we head off for work.

We get to the DX and we all stubble out of the car and go to our "stations". I usually just work at the cash register and help out the boys from time to time. I look out the window and see Soda and Steve working on an old car. It never really gets busy here but when it does it's rough. It's always packed when a rumble is going to go down. And sometimes we get our random not so friendly visits from the Socs.
I hate Socs with a burning passion. They always are trying to make moves on me and try to start things with the gang.

I grab a car magazine and start flipping through the pages while I blow bubbles with my gum as I just wait around. I was torn away from my boredom by the sound of an engine. I look out the front door and see a few cars full of Socs pull up to the store. "Great" I growl to myself as I set down the magazine. I look out the window and I don't see Soda, Steve, or the car they had been working on. "Shit" I screamed inside my head while keeping my tuff face on. I slip my hand into my back jean pocket and grab my switch and grip it tight.

Instead of waiting for them to come find me I grab the keys to the store walk out the door and lock it quickly behind me. I take out a cancer stick and light it as I walk up to the cars. " Look what we have here boys" slurred a Socs I've never seen before. I keep a straight face as I blow a cloud of smoke into the air. "What do you Socs want" I say with venom in my voice. "Oooh she's a feisty one aren't you baby" slurs another from the back seat. At this point a few of the boys had gotten out of their cars and began walking towards me.

"I said, what do y'all want" I say as my grip on my switch grew tighter. " I'm not going to ask again. Either you tell me what you want or get lost assholes." The group of guys started coming closer trying to surround me. The one that had first talked got out of the car and walked up to me. "We want you sweetheart" he says before he screams " get her"! At this I flip my switch open and grin as I say " try me".