I've always loved you

Steve POV

I look at Emily and realize just how beautiful she is. Damn man she means so much to me. I could never let anyone hurt her ever again. We've known each other for I don't even know how many years. I remember the first time I saw her.

We were in the same class in second grade. She stood out from all of the other girls. She wasn't wearing a dress with braided hair. Instead she was wearing some old torn up jeans that looked too big for her. And instead of a belt they were secured by a piece of rope. Her hair looked as if it hadn't been brushed and her shirt was dirty.

She came and sat in the only empty chair in the class. It so happened to be the seat right next to Soda, Two , and I. When she sat down she smiled at us and we all smiled back. When it was time for recess Emily was all by herself. So we asked if she wanted to be our friend and we'll here we are.
(Flashback over)

After everything calmed down, Two put Mickey on the TV and sat down on the floor. I look at Emily in the kitchen cleaning the dishes from dinner. I walked over to her and started drying them.

She let out a sigh and turned to look at me once she was done. I finish drying and look at her. "Steve what are we going to do" she says looking out the window.

"I don't know go watch Mickey with Two I guess" I said knowing that's not at all what she meant. She let out a small laugh and said " you know what I meant" as she looked down at her bare feet.

I walk closer to her and lift her chin up with my finger. " We are going to do what we have always done. We are going to be a family. All of us look out for each other and nothing is going to change that" I say as I move my lips closer to hers.

"You promise" she says looking so deeply into my eyes that it was as if she was looking into my soul.

"Yes baby, I promise" I say and kiss her. She leans into the kiss and wraps her arms around my neck. I put on hand on her hip and the other one on the small of her back.

These kisses weren't full of passion or desire. But instead full of tenderness and love. They were gentle and sweet. After a few minutes I pulled away to breath and put my forehead against hers.

"You know I love you Emily" I say with my eyes closed afraid to open them.

"I know Steve. And I love you" she says wrapping her arms around me.

I open my eyes and look down at her, " I've always loved you" I say with a small smile.

We both turn around when we hear clapping and see Two and Soda grinning like idiots. "Man" says Two pretending to wipe a tear away from his eye "That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen".

Emily sticks her tongue out at them and walks into the living room dragging me behind her. Right when we sat down Dally came through the front door.

He looked stressed, like he had been thinking long and hard about something.

"Tomorrow, all of us start training" he says. He walks over and gives Emily a big hug and kisses her on the forehead before walking out.

I look around at everyone and then look at Emily. "I guess it's settled then" says Emily with a small laugh. "We start becoming badasses tomorrow.

"Start" laughs Two "We've always been asses". At these everyone laughs. After a few hours everyone else had gone home. Darry, Soda , and Pony were already asleep. It was just Emily and me cuddling on the couch.

I look down and see that Emily had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself and tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "Goodnight my angel. I love you" and with that I drift to sleep.