Work

Emily POV

I wake up to an empty bed and the sound of Dallas' angry voice in the kitchen. I get up and walk into the kitchen and wrap my arms around Steve's waist and burry my head into his back.

"We need to start everyone's training today" says Dally trying to control his anger. "I understand that but we have to work today so we all don't end up sleeping in the lot" says Soda trying to keep his cool.

" These bills are cheap man. And we have to pay for them" says Steve motioning to himself , Soda , Darry, and I.

I walk out from behind Steve and walk up to Dallas. "How about we start training tonight after work" I ask with a sweet voice. I already knew that no one was going to disagree with me so I kissed Steve's lips . Hugged Dallas and punched Sodas arm whilst I stole his bacon.  I walk to the bathroom and jump into the shower.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door and then hear the door open. I peak my head out from the shower curtain and see Steve looking at himself in the mirror.

"Umm Steve" I ask " what do you think you are doing" I ask trying to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

He sighs and sits down on the toilet. "Emily, what happened last night" he asked looking at me.

I frown and continue to wash the shampoo out of my hair. "It was just a bad dream nothing more" I say failing at my attempt of a lie.

"Baby I know you are lying because you are so bad at it. But seriously monkey what happened" he asked.

I sigh and turn the water off and Steve hands me a towel. I wrap it around me and open the curtain. And Steve picks me up and sits me on his lap.

I smack his shoulder while my face turns red. "Steve Randle I am naked let me go" I say with a giggle.

He lets out a soft growl and starts attacking my neck with kisses leaving love bites. I moan and he stops and looks me dead in the eyes.

"As much as I would like to continue this" he says with a low voice. "You need to tell me what happened" I sigh and tell him about my dream.

"They found us Steve. And they took all of you away from me. I couldn't find any of y'all. And when I did you were all dead and and it was all my fault" I say closing my eyes.

I open my eyes and look into Steve's sympathetic gaze. He pulls me close to him and whispers " I won't let that happen baby. I love you so much and I will do everything to keep you safe". I smile and give him a quick kiss and finishing getting ready for work.

I walk into the living room to see Steve with his work best unbuttoned and damn did he look good. I smile at myself and go up and grab his neck and kiss him. He grabs my ass and gives it a quick squeeze and lets me go.

"Ewww grosss my eyes my poor innocent eyes" says Two running out of the room. I laugh and Steve yells back that Two's eyes where never innocent.

We walk outside and get in the back of Darry's truck. We get dropped off and walk into the DX. I look around and try to forget about what happened the last time I was here.

The disgust must have been obvious on my face because Soda made a comment saying " we aren't going to let it happen again little monkey".

I smile to myself and start to restock the shelves of the small store. A few hours go by and I finally finish all of the restocking. I look out at the garage and see Steve working on an old mustang that he found at the dump.

I smile to myself and thinking about how lucky I am to have such an amazing guy that loves me so much. I was about to walk out to help him when the door opened.

And in walked the Socs and his friends that jumped me the other day.

I was about to say something when Soda and Steve came walking in with oil all over their faces and shirts.

Steve came over and put his arm protectively around me.

The main Socs looks between Steve and I and scoffs. "Looks like the greaser whore got herself a greaser bastard to fuck her instead of me" he slurs obviously drunk.

"What the hell did you just say" said Steve his hands forming into fists. "Ohhh look boys he is getting defensive" he slurs and stumbles a little.

"You and your little bitches better get out of here before I break your nose even more" I growl about to jump the counter.

"She really is a feisty one. You sure know how to turn me on don" he doesn't get to finish because Soda punched him hard right in the face.

I jump the counter and start pounding my fists into his face and Steve and Soda join in. The rest of his little gang ran off and tore him away from my grip.

"You better stay out you stupid fucks" yells Soda as he throws a rock at the car window and smashes it.

I look at both of them and give them a big hug. "Thank you for helping me" I say as I break away from the hug.

"Hey, like we say. We always got your back" says Soda as he messes up my hair.