34

^^ the Flying Cruise Concept ^^

— Erin —

The city below me was teeming with a plethora of various schools of fish, from the massive bait-balls of the smaller fish to the shimmering fields of silver darters, turning the entire clear sea into a vibrant paradise for them. The shark and other predator-shaped drones swam through periodically, snapping up the weak or diseased fish before they could infect the rest, serving a twofold purpose; to cull the herds before they damaged themselves, and to teach them a fear of predators, so that when they were released into the wild they would have the basic instincts that they would need to survive and breed naturally.

"Well, it's happened. The material sample you sent to Star Labs, the cheap 3% metallic fabric, Luthor sent someone to steal it. I've got the evidence already sending to the UN and the Board of Commerce, which deals with corporate espionage and sabotage and the like. Also, you now own 49.9% of the LexCorp Shares. I showed my face whilst buying the shares, looking like this." Helix grinned, the expression very odd on a stern-looking ~70 year old white man. He shifted back to his normal form, and took a bow as I clapped politely.

"Wonderful... and it's legal evidence, permissible in court?" I clarified.

"Correct, I made sure to obey every law about civilian evidence gathering that exists, and also the League Charter Laws. It is both irrefutable and immune to tampering, as separate copies were sent to the leaders of every single country that was affected, as well as the Ambassadors that will be deciding his fate. He has no options except to attempt to sway the verdict with his lawyers, the Gods of Spinning." He scoffed wryly.

"Good... and he's been advised to sell some of his remaining stock to a third party in order to pay for these lawyers, supposedly the best that exist?" I smiled.

"Correct, also, I am said third party, a supposed business associate of Vandal Savage." He grinned, and was suddenly a tall Egyptian-Arabic man, wearing a dapper business suit that complimented his skin color quite nicely.

"Ooh, sharp!" I clapped again, impressed.

"Thank you, I accept all praise, as it is warranted." He nodded, speaking a perfect match of the native accent of the Egyptian coast of the Mediterranean.

"Alright, So how much did he sell?" I asked.

"Only .2 percent, which gave him several hundred million dollars, and he has bought a veritable army of lawyers with histories in getting dictators off from war-crimes charges. But, with that, you have 50.1%, and with our capital we can force a buy-out." He nodded, returning to his preferred form.

"Not yet... wait until the trial, when he can't react, so that the Board is forced to vote him out and seize his shares, then sell them to attempt to stop the buy-out. Thus, while we will lose the buy-out, we will gain all the shares they sell, and thus own even more of the company, even when they return what remains of his shares to him." I grinned.

"Right, very true... we can sell some of them later, to prevent a monopoly of the Stock, which would be disadvantageous." He muttered a few calculations, and I watched as the stock market opened, showing my net worth.

I whistled softly. "Helix, you've done very well for us... maybe too well... I don't know if I like the idea of being a Mega-Billionaire Megalomaniac..."

"Well, you're not a megalomaniac, first of all; and all of that money is going to things that need it. You're not a Tyrannical Oil Tycoon or something." He laughed.

"Hmm... on that note, map all the Natural Gas and Oil pockets under the ocean? And run the numbers to see if we could power the world with fusion/fission, if we destroyed all the Oil and used it as pure energy, with no smog from burning it, in several dozen locations around the world?" I grinned.