31

^^ Cassandra Cain ^^

— Erin —

I opened my eyes slowly, and frowned irritably. "What... the... FUCK?!?" I snapped out loud.

Sofia and Vera sat on either side of me quickly, and sat me up, as my muscles were limp and weakened, probably from whatever energy expenditure that had transpired. "You're alright, love, it was just exhaustion that knocked you out." Sofia said soothingly, rubbing my back.

"Da, you have given us many fears, Erin, but none that have stayed. You are healthy." Vera nodded wisely, and kissed my cheek. "And you must stay this way, I demand it." She frowned theatrically, then ruined the seriousness when she chuckled, petting my hair gently.

"Hey, ladies, sorry about the worry... how long was I asleep?" I asked, worried to hear the answer.

"Only three or four days, though it did take 24 hours for me to find you... Helix was less than useful in that regard." Sofia glared at the young man, who was leaning against the wall, and in a physical body, it seemed.

He shrugged. "Her vitals were normal, I saw no reason to alarm anyone. Regardless, I have work to do." He nodded to me, and then left quickly.

'What happened?' I demanded mentally.

'You used too much of the wrong kind of energy, whilst your body was still adjusting, and your body shut down to recover and finish altering itself. Your abilities settled in, maturing from their Infantile and changeable status, and you're perfectly healthy.'

I sighed and stood up slowly, stretching thoroughly and allowing each muscle to wake up on its own. I noticed I was even smaller than before, almost half of my normal bulk, and hummed, poking my biceps. "That's new..."

Vera nodded. "Da, it is very sad that you slept off your muscles, dear one, they must have taken much work to keep for so long; you can get them back in the Gym with me, if you like?" She offered genuinely.

I smiled. "Maybe, but I think I didn't lose them, so much as condense them. I don't feel any weaker at all... in fact, I feel amazing!" I chuckled as I flexed, my powers entirely unlocked, but I was no longer a bag full of puffy marble pillows. Still way bigger than most athletic men, and even twice the bulk of Diana, but at 6'4", honestly, that wasn't much of a surprise.

'Your muscles were getting a bit ridiculous, especially after the latest power-up, yes. They condensed and then reformed with much higher tensile strength, easily 10x what they were before, while retaining their flexibility and elasticity. I did manage to put my own two cents in, and make sure that your strength and speed, when not managed with the Cerebral-Inhibitor I used to replace the AntiMatter Dampener, can't be taken away with a MetaHuman power-dampening collar.'

'Playing with Brain Waves isn't always the best option... and having technology next to my brain stem-'

'The Inhibitor is entirely biological, so no one with any control over technology could muck about with it... When it's on, your powers are locked down, tightly, making you physically equal to a human of your size. Nothing changed, essentially, beyond the change of the type of limiter, and the fact that all of these changes were made Genetically, and therefore you can pass most of them on... oh, and I fixed your hip, I know it was bothering you.'

'Someone deserves a cookie... thank you, Helix.'

'My pleasure, Boss Lady!' He laughed, and the connection ended.