9

^^ True Lobo (new 52) ^^

— Erin —

I looked down blearily at the blood on my shirt, running out of my ears and broken nose, and groaned. "Fuck... the one place I didn't armor up... stupid vanity... gonna get me killed..."

I realized I couldn't actually hear myself speak, because my eardrums were destroyed, and stumbled out of the truck, towards the source of the explosion.

Superboy flew towards me, backwards, and I cocked my head, attempting to catch him to my chest like a sack of rice. Instead, his momentum slammed both of us backwards into the truck, which miraculously held up to the blow.

That confused me more than the rest, until I realized this was his personal truck, and it was reinforced to deal with bullshit like this specifically.

I set him down, and shook his shoulder when he started speaking, as I couldn't hear him. I pointed at my ears, then my nose. "Set that for me?" I asked, not wanting it to heal crooked.

He nodded and set it on the first try, (impressive, though painful,) and then rushed back towards the crater.

I drew my new pistol, and hummed to myself. 'Let's see what you can do...' Superboy skidded back away from the crater again, and the smoke cloud cleared enough to let me see the perpetrator.

Lobo, the Czarisian(or is it Czarnian?) bounty hunter from a world with a red sun. Only two left of his kind, him and his lover, Princess Sheba; unless this is a timeline in which she is dead and he's the last there is. Either way, he's Hyper-Intelligent, and just as strong as Superman, but thankfully not as fast. I considered my options, and then shrugged, shooting him in the forehead.

The bullet penetrated, to my surprise, but got lodged in his skin as he reared back, roaring in rage and pain, which I still couldn't hear.

I shot again, aiming for softer tissue than his skull this time, and he turned his wrathful gaze towards me, the wound in his stomach and skull healing while I watched. "Ffffuck that's equally cool and scary." I groaned, and emptied the clip into him as he leapt towards me.

I dodged his landing, sprinting away at full speed to get some distance to think.

A little sound filtered filtered in, as my ears healed finally, confirming for me that I possessed super-healing. "-Yes!!! The Main Man's Bounties should always Run! Makes the Game more Fun!!!"

I leapt to the side as he landed again where I'd been standing, and I noticed his weapon, the hook on metal cord he could fire like a weaponized grappling hook, was extended. I flipped backwards, just as it slammed the ground where I'd been standing, then drew my knife swiftly, slashing the cable so he couldn't retract it.

He growled, tossing the useless weapon aside. "The Bounty should stay still! It will hurt less that way."

"Nah, I'm good. I like the challenge, and you're the biggest man I've seen in my time here... you don't suppose if I defeat the person who hired you, you'll stop hunting me, and then we could have a little tryst? Or do you have a hunting fetish?" I smirked, and readied the knife again.

He grinned. "HA!!! The weak female's offer is amusing, but Lobo is not available, nor would he mate with Bounties, even were he!!!"

I frowned at being called weak, and slammed my fist squarely into his sternum, forcing him back a few steps. While he was stumbling backwards, I swept low behind him with my dagger, slashing his Achilles' tendons, and then dodged back before he could react, as he fell on his ass.

UnMasked Nomadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें