30

^^ Arthur and Dolphin ^^

— Erin —

"I thought that would take six weeks to complete?" I frowned at the hologram that reappeared when I focused on his spot, making a kettle of the tea quickly.

"No, phase one of your request, that I begin mapping of the entire ocean floor and then clean up all the trash and harmful materials in the oceans, that will take about 7 weeks; phase one is the creation of the various drones necessary for the project that will fit in to every different habitat, even at full speed with several hundred other drones to construct them. They'll grab the trash or nuclear waste or whatever it is that is identified as trash, and teleport it back here, to be repurposed into coral and fish, so the Synthesizer doesn't have to work so hard. The net was finished in a day and a half, and retrofitted while we talked. Now, You ready for this?" He explained, chuckling.

"Oh, shit, I didn't mean for you to map and clean the ENTIRE OCEAN, I meant the Territory-... wait, actually, keep that on a back burner, that could be very cool... Share the info with marine biologists and whoever would find that useful, though obviously we'll omit any of the areas that have Atlantean or Moray settlements... falsify those areas, as accurate as possible geographically, while also ignoring the presence of a city or home or village or what have you." I grinned, happy at a mistake, for once.

"Done. The drones have received the orders. Are you ready?" He asked again, seeming impatient and proud of himself, like a kid trying to show his parents something cool.

I tossed back the boiling tea, and shivered. "Yep, just give me about three minutes for it to kick in."

"Alright, I'll fine-tune the drones that are cleaning up the oceans, while we wait." He sighed.

After a bit, I felt the near-permanent fire in my loins dim down to a smoldering coal, and nodded. "There we go, light her up!" I smiled for him, and he laughed, throwing a holographic switch that hung in the air in front of him.

For a moment, nothing happened, but then pulse of energy ripped through me, knocking me out of my chair, and before I could complain, I felt the smoldering coal turn briefly into a wildfire, then dial itself down to little to nothing.

"Huh. Very cool, Helix." I smiled, and went back to work as he grinned, pleased with himself; I was soon designing buildings for the city and the little couples' islands, and even mazes of coral for the thousands of reefs that would be placed all around us soon.

Plenty of types of coral and the fishes that kept them healthy were endangered, and using them here, where they'd be protected and bred in relative safety for several years to come, -plus publicly cleaning up the oceans,- would be both perfect for my image amongst the scientific community, (even if it was the Marine Science Community,) and also a good stage to stand on with the public, in my coming Moral and Ethical battles with Lex Luthor.

Making massive, multimillion dollar donations to the CHCS, Marine Wildlife Research Institutes, and other such societies and causes, as well as cleaning up the trash in the ocean, -and on land, as I planned on getting a contract for all the trash and land that we currently placed in landfills,- and marketing my Green-Kevlar, both of which would make the government, the military, and the hippies all happy, (a rare phenomenon,) that would help tremendously.

Somewhere near an hour later, the doorbell rang, and I hummed, looking up from my 3D Model. "Yes? Who is it?" I called into the Intercom.

"Uh, it's Arthur, Khasi, Kaldur, Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Batman, Diana... and a lot of other Leaguers, honestly? We felt something weird, and came to investigate it... we're in the Tea House, and Superman says you're not upstairs? Where are you?" Arthur asked, sounding confused.