11

^^ disguised .50BMG, (Big Mu'fuckin' Gun) ^^

— Erin —

Kyra seemed happy to see me again, when I walked in, though she raised an eyebrow at the group I'd dragged in behind me.

"Hmm... the most customers we've ever had here at once. Nice." She nodded.

"Sorry, yeah, they heard about the food, and I just couldn't keep the savages away." I sighed theatrically, and sat down in the same spot as yesterday.

She smiled and looked at everyone, one at a time, then nodded and started brewing coffee and tea. "Well, what about that amazon lady, Miss Diana? She was busy today?" She asked, setting my coffee in front of me.

"She was only in town for a visit, she doesn't live here." I explained, waving to the two women in the back, who'd looked to see what all the noise was about.

The boys had quickly taken over two of the three tables, pushing them together, while Zatanna and I sat at the bar, turned so we could see everyone.

I raised an eyebrow when Selene came out of the back, and stood blushing next to Kaldur with a notepad. "So what'll it be, handsome?" She asked, leaning against his chair subtly.

I smirked, and Kyra shook her head. "Flirt if you're going to flirt, but you already know what they want to eat, go cook and flirt after they're fed, sister."

"I wasn't- you mind your own business!!!" The blushing blonde pouted, but obediently returned to the kitchen, waving shyly at the confused Atlantean before disappearing.

I laughed softly. "Ahh, Kaldur, you need to learn how to detect subtlety, my friend."

"I am fully aware of what she was doing, for your information, I was just surprised, is all!" He retorted.

"Ooh, Me-Yow!" I laughed again at his defensiveness, and accepted the platter of food that was placed in front of me, smiling at Kyra's mother, whose name I thought was Annie, or Ann. "Thank you, ma'am. Sorry for all the hassle, I know they're a bit rambunctious."

She smiled and patted my cheek. "Oh I approve, my dear, they're welcome any time! I'm just happy you're alright, after that nasty dust-up yesterday!"

"Oh it'll take more than that ol' coot to keep this Texan Cowgirl down, Ma'am, don't you worry your perty li'l heart 'bout me." I winked, and dug into the food with as much gusto as I could while maintaining some scrap of my dignity, just as my stomach decided to make itself known again.

She laughed loudly, sounding relieved. "Well, if you can still eat like a champion, I'm sure you'll be fine, my dear, you enjoy! Second round is coming out soon, and your food as well..." she retrieved a platter and walked it over to Bart, a giant heaping pile of nothing but French toast.

"Whoa!!! How'd you know?!?" He made no attempt at dignity, pouring syrup over the whole platter and ripping into the food like a tornado. Surprisingly, he didn't make a mess, though I soon realized it was because he was cheating, using his super-speed to catch any wayward food pieces.

She smiled again, (though an eyebrow was raised at his manners,) and patted his hair, coming back a few more times with food for the other boys. She stood at the bar, watching everyone enjoy the food, and smiled victoriously, before returning to the kitchen.

Several rounds of food later, every super-appetite in the room was satisfied, somehow, and the kitchen had apparently run out of a few things that they'd stocked up for an entire weeks worth of. Kaldur was given Selene's number by her amused mother, and we all heard her being berated by her daughter afterwards, resulting in more hilarity.