6

^^ Slade Wilson / Deathstroke ^^

— Erin —

Zatanna apparently knew a nice little cafe, not too far away, so I borrowed a truck from Conner, driving us according to her directions into the town of Happy Harbor. It wasn't exactly a sleepy little town, but it wasn't a major city by any method of measure. It likely only existed because of the military base, like many towns across America, which sprouted around the bases and eventually gained their own autonomy.

I parked on the side of the street, like most people apparently did, and climbed out, giving Zatanna a hand out of the middle seat. "So, 'Quaint Cafe', huh? They have food, though... right? Also, I eat a lot, and I don't have any money, so we'll have to steal some of Bart's protein bars to keep me fed." I hummed.

"Don't worry about that. I can pay for it, and this business is owned by a friend. She could use the money, and she won't accept it if I give it to her straight-up." She grinned.

"Ahh, ulterior motives, I respect that." I laughed, following her inside.

Diana sat next to us at the bar, and looked around at the small cafe, with only three tables and a long bar. "It is certainly quaint, Zatanna, you did not mislead us..."

A tall woman wearing all black exited the back room, and smiled at Zatanna, rushing around the counter and hugging her. "Z!!! Oh it's been a while!!! How are you?" She asked, after releasing Zatanna from the pleasant confines of her voluptuous chest.

"I'm fine, Kyra, thanks for asking. I brought some friends today, Diana and Erin, and they are very hungry. I'll just have my usual, coffee with cream, no sugar." She smiled, and the woman examined us individually while walking back behind the bar.

I smiled and winked when her gaze lingered on me, and she grinned, speaking in lightly-accented Greek. "Ooh, I like them... is the pretty one available?"

"You're Greek?!? Ahh, my grandmother can finally die happy, knowing I found myself another Greek woman to feed me in this country..." I chuckled when she flinched slightly, then poured Zatanna's coffee.

Diana laughed. "Oh, do we all know Greek? Wonderful... and how did you know she didn't mean me? I'm pretty."

"Instincts, my dear, instincts." I smirked.

Zatanna accepted her coffee, and smiled at her friend. "Sorry, I should've warned you they were both Greek."

She chuckled. "No, it's my own fault for trying to talk behind their backs. Very rude of me, you have my apologies... and my mother and sister are the ones who cook, actually. I'm just the barista." She corrected me simply.

"Mm, and how pleased am I that you chose to be the store's front-woman... but I'm quite sure that you are not 'just' anything, my dear." I smiled and accepted the coffee she handed me, tasting it. "An Italian Blend with a triple-shot of espresso, my favorite... how'd you know?" I asked, honestly curious.

"Your Aura... and thank you." She smirked, and set a potent-smelling cup in front of Diana. "And for you, my hardest blend, no sugar or cream, with a single shot of espresso."

"You have good instincts, and my thanks." Diana nodded, then moved her cup as a woman who seemed an older, much daintier, (and blonde) version of the barista exited the back room, carrying a platter of food we hadn't ordered. "Ah, and a platter of my favorite breakfast foods, how wonderful! How did you make rack of lamb so quickly?"

The blonde woman smiled, a near-exact match to the younger barista's smile. "I started cooking it an hour ago, actually, though I wasn't sure why. Now I know! And for you, I've got an array of sausage, potato soup... and blackened chorizo...?" She asked, sounding confused as she placed a second platter in front of me.