5

^^ Wonder Woman ^^

— Erin —

"You work quickly." Diana spoke over my shoulder, looking at my equations with a curious eye.

I recovered from the tensing of my muscles at her unexpected entrance, and sighed. "Why do you say that?"

"Nightwing informed the League that you struck a blow against the Light... also facing off with Lady Shiva, and not only surviving, but winning. I am quite impressed, as was most everyone; even Batman, and he does not impress easily." She leaned against the holographic desk, and flinched when she fell right through it, and had to fly to avoid slamming into the ground.

"Careful, it's a hologram." I warned her blandly, and finished my work, spinning my chair to check on the progress of my Builder-Drones. The first one I'd put together myself, and after that it had been tasked with putting the rest together, which it did with incredible acuity, about 200 times faster than I could ever had done it. The quantum synthesizer copy, which I was currently using, worked just as quickly as the original, and without the troublesome limiters and monitoring software of the original. That one had gone into the Justice League Impound, where it belonged.

The little worker bot finished number 126 of its brethren, and released it, the tiny robot shaped exactly like a seagull fluttering off to join the other types of birds roosting in the beams above our heads. They were in their camouflage modes, currently, a form which emitted a natural amount of heat, as well as appearing to X-Ray vision as a normal bird, due to the use of less-dense materials than bird bones.

"So what do you plan on doing with an army of robot birds?" She asked, closely examining a finch that had landed on her finger.

"They will be monitoring the area, and helping me build my bigger equipment. Anyway, what did you need?" I asked, turning back to the holographic table, and examining my equation for the amount of rock I could tunnel out in a week, at median speed.

"Well, I was free, and I wanted to know if you were settling in Alright... I see I needn't have worried. Also, it's come to my attention that you may be either Kryptonian or Amazon from another dimension, which intrigued me." She hummed, and the bird leapt off her hand as she began levitating next to me in a mockery of sitting.

"True, though Kryptonian is the official story. That way people think they know my weakness, 'kryptonite', but in actuality it wouldn't affect me, beyond being radioactive. My real weakness is rather confusing, and I'd like your thoughts on it." I made a decision, and pulled the small cube out of the lead box Kaldur had given me for it.

She took it gently, examining it closely. "I see... AntiMatter? I wonder why AntiMatter would be your weakness..."

"Considering my abilities came from my trip through the Fold, which is entirely composed of Dark Matter, it's plausible that my own body is simply reactive with the Antimatter, and therefore the abilities that the Dark Matter give me are nullified as it protects me from the effects of the Antimatter. A reflexive shield, perhaps, that takes all of my powers' concentration. That's my current theory, but I can't get it open to tell." I shrugged.

She hummed. "Curious... that seems a valid hypothesis... should I open it, then? It does not drain my abilities."

"Sure, I don't think it hurts me, it just nullifies my strength and invulnerability." I nodded.

She drew a small blade from one of her wrist-guards, and carefully made an incision along the top edges. As soon as the knife pierced the containment field, a deep-seated pulse rocked my body, and I was reaching for it before I could stop myself.