4

^^ Lady Shiva^^

— Erin —

"So, lemme get this straight: you boys and your meta muscle back there want us to pull a job with you, tonight, and you only want one of the items in the cargo?" The thin, redheaded woman who was apparently in charge asked, arching an equally thin eyebrow at us. Her name eluded me, for now. Adair, maybe?

I grinned. "Actually, He's the muscle. I'm the brains." I gestured at Aqualad, and then sighed. "But honestly, I have to say, you guys aren't as hungry as I was led to believe... maybe the local petty crooks want the job more? They'd surely be more expendable, I suppose, but I always preferred wheat to chaff... which are you?" I asked calmly, staring her down.

Her eyebrow twitched a little, and she shook her head. "No, I'm sure we can handle it... what's the pay like?"

"The contents of the cargo." I stonewalled, and she chuckled.

"Alright, I like your terms... I'd like money more, but cargo is always welcome, and LexCorp always has the best stuff... alright, we'll take the job. A crew of six should do, with your four, that makes ten. Get going!" She snapped at her people, and I nodded, pulling my hood up and allowing the holographic mask I'd rigged to change my face to a blank template.

The others of our group followed me out, and we were joined by six of the InterGang members, who loaded themselves into a truck. We started down the highway, and they followed behind our motorcycles, (provided by Superboy, who apparently was a mechanic.)

Four hours later, we had merged with the Route, and were gaining on the truck.

"So? Any last-minute changes to the plan, now that we're outnumbered, and the frenemy has Apocalyptan Tech?" Superboy asked into the com-link.

"None. Unless they have a Fatherbox, they're worse than useless. They are here as the fall-guys, nothing else." I replied easily.

"You're... confident, for someone who has had powers less than a day?" Aqualad spoke carefully.

"I do not need powers to pull off a mission, and neither do Batman, Green Arrow, or approximately 1/3 of the entire Justice League." I growled.

"... my apologies, I meant no offense, Doctor."

"Boss Lady." I turned to look at him, narrowing my eyes, then focused on the road again.

"Ah, Yes, again I apologize. You are new, and I am attempting to fit you into the plans I'm building, should this go sideways."

"Which it will, no doubt. Think of me as a slightly less-capable Robin, mixed with young-Superboy. I am Half-Kryptonian, -according to Kid Flash, who seems an expert on the subject,- and I am well-trained in the fighting arts, along with a set of hyper-reflexes and a super-intellect. Does that help your figuring?" I chuckled, and wove around a car that wasn't moving out of the fast lane, even though it was going twenty miles under the speed limit.

There were a few moments of silence on my end, as they conversed privately, and then the line turned back on. "Yes, it does."

"Good, now get your head in the game, we're pulling up on the truck in two miles, according to the route. Don't surround it immediately; Pretty Boy and Grease Monkey will pass the truck, making a big show of yourselves, and while they watch you, Sweet Cheeks and Boss Lady will enter the truck at the back. They will react, no doubt, but Pretty Boy will commandeer the steering wheel, and Grease Monkey will guard the cockpit. Clear?"