18

^^ Ocean Master ^^

— Erin —

The two assassins turned to look at the opening, while Orm seethed silently, and stood up stiffly, glaring at me. "You would dismiss us? You dismiss ME?!? I AM ORM, PRINCE OF-"

"Nowhere? Nothing? The Petulant Child of a Murdered Mother and an Assassinated Father? Waste of Atlantean Meat? The Failed, Weak, Altogether-Lesser Brother?" I raised an eyebrow, taunting him.

He was struck dumb with rage, and Lady Shiva frowned. "You should not provoke him." She admonished me.

"I know he's going to attack me, he's planned to ever since he arrived and was forced to be nice; so I figured I might as well deserve it, when he finally lost what little patience he had, you know?" I grinned.

Slade laughed, clapping his thighs and standing up. "Yes, I understand at least that much... well, you're on your own, if you attack her, Ocean Master. We are taking her proposal back to the Light, and you should be clear that if you lose, even after a peaceful solution was offered, you will be Dead to the Light, even more than ever before; not even a particularly useless Pawn, any longer."

"As if I would Fail!!! We stand upon an Island, surrounded by my Element!!!" He sneered, and pulled on his helmet, glaring down at me.

"Last time I beat you, you were surrounded by a tsunami, and you held the Trident of Neptune, and had a Moray to do your fighting for you. Tell me, where does your confidence stem from?" I smirked. He hissed an insult in Atlantean, and I nodded, standing up slowly. "Alrighty, then! Let's retire to the Thunder Dome? And yes, I have a Thunder Dome. You're welcome to come watch, before you leave." I smiled at Lady Shiva, and walked past the nearly-hyperventilating Atlantean prince.

'Ready yet?' I asked hopefully.

'Almost!!! One more minute!!! Keep him talking!!!' Sofia hissed worriedly.

"Sofia, would you be so kind as to provide seating for our spectators?" I asked aloud, stepping out into the calf-deep water of my lagoon, and pointing off to one side.

"Immédiatement, Doctor." She hummed, and a set of Colosseum-Style seating appeared on both sides of the lagoon, facing the center, where I was soon standing, and then the dome of electricity appeared, surrounding the entire structure.

The Justice League, (who had arrived in full force, as I negotiated,) settled uneasily on one side, while Lady Shiva and Deathstroke sat alone on the other, Deathstroke casually holding a camera beside his leg.

"You can record this openly, Slade Wilson, I don't mind. It's already being recorded, so I may look over any mistakes I made, and learn from my faults." I explained, and looked at Orm, who was striding through the water. "Ah, and the Prince Arrives! Your brother is watching, you know, so you should make a good showing for him, no? Who knows, if you manage to win -by some godforsaken miracle,-you might even be able to go a round with him, and get your ass handed to you, just for old times' sake!" I smirked.

'Laugh.' I projected hard at the Justice League, and Sofia sent it to them, apparently, because they all laughed, if a bit forcefully.

He snarled, baring his teeth, and suddenly his arms glowed, making the water around us froth and boil. "You... will... Die here, Wench!!!" He hissed.

"Ooh, Pretty chompers! I'll be careful not to bust them up too badly, hmm? Your cute face is all you've got going for you, after all, what with your failures in every single area of your life. I mean, come on, let's go through it all, huh? Attempted War with the surface? FAIL. Attempted Coup? FAIL. Attempted Rule of Atlantis? FAIL. Attempted attack on Atlantis? FAIL. Attempt to please a woman... well I can only imagine how you fail there, considering you killed your own mother, the only time you ever managed to properly penetrate a woman..." I sighed sadly, shaking my head at him.