22

^^ Khasi Doran / Dolphin ^^

— Erin —

For a moment, no one moved, and I had a little time to think on why the supposedly 'peaceful' people would have a ceremony like this, to allow its children to become adults. Clearly, there's was a difference between the other adults and these 'Greater Sirens', though what that was was unclear, at the moment. Perhaps it would become clear, after the ceremony ended.

The woman stepped forward, as the Elder sat back down, and leapt off the coral tower, floating gently down towards the pit. "Why do you desire to prove yourself so deeply, young Terran? You have shown your skill in sorcery and combat, have you not?"

He grinned, spitting blood off to one side, from where the purple man's strike on his face had apparently busted the inside of his cheek. "I've got someone I'd like to impress, is all; also, my sister is watching. Can't wait to show that arrogant brat up." He chuckled.

His sister, now returned to sitting next to us, raised an eyebrow. "Rude." She frowned.

The pale woman hummed, and nodded. "I suppose. Ready yourself; I will not be kind."

"It'd be cruel, if you were." He retorted, and sprinted forward, apparently attempting to catch her before she revealed her true form, something they had to do to fight, it seemed.

She smirked, and flicked a hand, suddenly forcing all of the water, -and people,- out of the pit, forming a bubble of air.

I grinned when the water cleared, to show he was still inside the bubble, clutching the trident, which was stuck into the ground as an anchor; but he was gasping like a grounded fish, adjusting to his gills no longer working, and switching to his lungs.

She shook her head, advancing towards him casually. "You must always be ready to-" she grunted as a small ball of water slammed into her diaphragm, forcing her back a step.

He took a deep breath, his tattoos glowing again, and then leapt back as she swung a suddenly clawed and scaled hand at him. Blue-green scales grew over her skin on her arms and legs, like armor, and she showed their apparent density by deflecting one of the strikes with the trident off of her forearm.

Another water-bullet shot out of the dome of water around them, striking the back of her head, and she surged forward, getting into his personal space in the blink of an eye; but before she could grab him, a ball of water shot up from the ground, clocking her in the bottom of the chin and throwing her head back. Another, timed perfectly, struck her nose as soon as she was horizontal, and she was slammed into the ground, her nose visibly flattened.

He retreated to a relatively safe distance, (difficult to do, when they're that fast,) and twirled his purloined trident over his head while she slowly recovered, sitting up and setting her nose.

Just as she rose to one knee, he stopped spinning the spear, and a glowing blue funnel of water descended from the dome above, slamming into her and picking her up, spinning her around at whirlwind-speeds.

For a moment, I though he'd won, as she stayed limp in the funnel, but he shuffled back nervously, giving me warning for when she suddenly turned the entire little waterspout into droplets of electrified water, which then fired themselves at his hastily erected shield like machine-gunfire.

It cracked slowly, and then shattered, and he braced against the water-bullets, stepping through them and towards her, until he was close enough to stab her in the chest with the trident.

She paused, staring down at the trident, as it's three prongs barely pierced her skin, and hauled back a fist, punching him in the jaw so hard there was a visible shockwave in the water droplets, and the bubble popped when it reached.