10

^^ prototype Future Erin ^^

— Erin —

We continued south for only about thirty minutes, to my surprise, heading along the coast from Rhode Island to Jersey, to my surprise.

"Metropolis or Gotham?" I asked, leaning over Lobo's shoulder casually.

He frowned at me, and whipped the ship suddenly, throwing me off the back and through the air.

I growled at him, and curled into a ball, just before I slammed into a window made of hurricane glass, all three layers shattering from the force of my impact. I crashed into a concrete floor, and felt my bones shake from the impact, the armor thankfully taking most of the initial shock.

When I bounced, heading towards the other side of the building, I drew my knife and stabbed the ground, only for it to ripped out of my hand, reminding me of the basic physics that demanded my grip strength exceed the total momentum of my body multiplied by the angle of the knife and the amount of friction I could create with it, to stop me in my tracks.

Either way, I canceled a little of the momentum, enough to mean that when I hit the other hurricane window at a crease that was reenforced by steel framing, I broke only two of the layers of glass, and bounced back, laying on my stomach for a moment.

"Well... this is a surprise."

I looked up slowly, shaking my head to clear my vision, and narrowed my eyes to get a better look at the tall, bald man sitting at a massive desk, while a woman pointed a pistol at me. "Lex Luthor?"

He raised a single eyebrow. "You broke into my office, my dear, I don't think you have the right to be surprised that I'm here."

"I was thrown, actually." I grunted, bracing my arms under me and slowly sitting up.

"Ah, that explains it..." he nodded, and stood up smoothly as Lobo leapt into the room. "Is there a reason you didn't finish off the bounty, Lobo? Too busy squabbling with your little siblings?" He smirked condescendingly, as his bodyguard holstered the pistol.

"Mm. She fought and captured the Pretender, actually, not the Main Man. Also, the fact that a Human, even a MetaHuman, was mistaken for Czarnian is both amusing and impressive in its own right... now, I've brought you your quarry. The bounty?" Lobo held out a hand.

"Ah, Yes... Mercy?" Luthor looked at his bodyguard, and she pulled a briefcase out from under the desk, placing it on the table and opening it slowly.

Inside was a small red and black rectangle, pulsing with energy, which Lobo picked up, and hummed. "An active FatherBox... odd payment for an odd contract. The Main Man finds this Acceptable." He nodded and shoved it into his jacket pocket.

I cracked my neck slowly, smoothing my hair back, and stood, feeling my body for any broken bones or internal bleeding. "You know, Lobo, I thought, when I saw you, 'you know what he'd be good for? Wrastlin'. The nekkid kind'... But now? Not on your life, mister. You whiplashed me through a triple-paned hurricane window at just barely subsonic speeds!" I groaned, cracking my back.

He snorted. "You're an odd human, Nomad. Odd."

"Meh, I've been called worse." I shrugged, and when he turned to leave, I moved in, wrapping him in a suggestive hug, and gripped his butt roughly with one hand, the second snitching the box, as well as one of his energy knives. "Mm... I changed my mind... I might accept Hate Sex, if you're into it?"

He growled and brushed me off, muttering about crazy earth females as he leapt out of the window and onto his ship, shooting off at speeds that would have him in space in a few seconds.