25

^^ I Did Not Require Assistance, Diana ^^

— Erin —

Whilst on the bike, headed towards Metropolis through the Fold, I examined the results of the analyzation of all we'd gathered. The Lobo Clones had been mixed with DNA of some kind, an Echinoderm of extraterrestrial origins, which allowed it to grow much quicker, but did nothing for their intelligence or strength.

I racked my brain for the information I was sure I possessed, any references to alien starfish on this version of the DC Earth. Kaldur was a relatively new character, only mentioned in three Continuities that I could remember; 16, the Young Justice Earth, 18(I think,) the N52 Teen Titans Earth, and 52, or New Earth. Seeing as Lex Luthor was a bad guy, New Earth was out, and seeing as I hadn't heard a mention of Cyborg or Raven, that meant this wasn't the Teen Titans earth, and that the Outsider's timeline hadn't started yet. Wally West was dead, and it was August, meaning just a month had passed since the end of the second comic run, the Reach Storyline.

'Unless the entire timeline is different, and you've been lucky so far with your knowledge.'

I sighed. 'True... give me the readouts for all the current tasks in the system? Any complete?'

'The DNA of the recovered Czarnian Clones is rapidly deteriorating, but a viable sample was analyzed, and the Echinoderm molded to it was in the League Database. It belongs to a known specimen, a past enemy thought entirely destroyed. The Light used it in concert with technosorcery to create Mind-Control devices dubbed 'Starrotech'. It is therefore likely that they are being controlled, and/or simply given a target and sent after it like attack dogs.'

'That would require a signal, no? Search the entire city for the one signal that isn't being jammed.' I grinned, as we exited a shadow, on the back of a skyscraper.

'I can't. All signals are blocked, including the searching signals.'

"Fine, send the Package, see if it works a second time. And find me Batman, or- aha!" I gunned the throttle, racing after a streak of red who was entering the city.

He hopelessly outpaced me, but slowed when he saw my shadow, and I flipped the bike over, flying upside down next to him. "Flash! How's it hangin', buddy?" I grinned.

He glanced at me. "And I thought my puns were bad."

"Hey, I've lost a good three liters of blood and gotten the shit kicked outa me by a White Martian in the last twenty minutes, and I just woke up. Not even a drop of coffee yet!" I protested.

"White Martian? I thought the Message said it was Lobo?" He asked.

"Message from who? And how? All signals in the city are blocked, even in the Shadow Realm. The info could be out of date, I'm bringing an update to Batman and Zatanna... if I can find them." I shrugged, and righted the bike, firing at a Lobo Clone that was about to slash a woman in half with his hook.

He was knocked back, rolling a few times before he crawled to his feet, growling savagely. The left side of his body was charred, but he didn't seem to react to the pain.

"Any word on every other place in the world? Any Star Labs shipments En Route, any Facilities reporting break-in's or alarms? Any Impounded Items being moved, any prisoners of interest being moved? This reads like a diversion." I frowned, and fired again, whistling sharply at the frozen woman. "MOVE THAT ASS, WOMAN!!!"

She flinched and started running, and Flash reappeared, though I hadn't seen him leave. "So, there's 48 Lobo's, which is something of a record, but they're all weak, Late-Gen Clones, only about as strong as Superboy. Batman is with Wonder Woman and Wondergirl, protecting the Metropolis Star Labs, and Superman is up there." He pointed up, and a red and blue blur whipped by overhead.