Chapter XXV

Okay, I'm back!!

I am so happy that you all enjoyed the last chapter, especially since it was focused on rescuing Fairy Tail rather than the fight between Lucy and Jellal and their opponents.

And for those of you who would like to see a showdown between Lucy and Erza...well, let's just say it WILL happen but in a way, you won't expect. (Or maybe you will but don't expect me to do it.)

Onwards to the story!
(By The Way, be prepared for crappy fight scenes)

Jellal stood across from his opponent, his eyes narrowed in anger and concentration.

The woman opposite him stared into his eyes, a smirk on her lips and humor among the lines of her face. "Ooh," she said, her hands waving in front of her mockingly. "Is that 'narrowed and angry eyes' look supposed to intimidate me?" - she snorted - "Please, I've seen scarier looks from my boss."

"Oh?" Jellal raised a brow at her, mocking her as she did him. "Does that mean you've messed up so much that he's always glaring at you?"

She lost the mocking and smirking look that was upon her face to give him a scowl. "Shut up!" she shouted. "Don't act like your so high and mighty-"

"Talk about the pot calling the kettle black."

"Fuck you!"

"No thanks, I have a girlfriend."

The woman sneered and opened her mouth to insult him some more before she paused. She let out a breath and then chuckled slightly. "Oh, I get it; you were trying to piss me off. Not gonna work blueberry," she said, a nasty smile appearing on her face. "I've been doing this a while. I'll only stop when your bloodied body is underneath my foot."

Jellal didn't respond, his mind trying to come up with a way to put the crazy bitch down. "So," he called out, "what's with the kidnapping of everyone? Ran out people that enjoy your company?"

She bared her teeth in what was supposed to be a grin. "They were in the way," she said smugly. "Members of light guilds can be so annoying. You would know, wouldn't you? I recall you being the head honcho at that Tower of Heaven before you were defeated by Salamander from Fairy Tail."

Jellal repressed a flinch at her words. Before self-doubt could enter and control his mind, Lucy's voice spoke in his head

'You were basically turned into a puppet and had your strings pulled by Oracion Seis and Grimoire Heart. You never wanted to do any of the things you were forced to, and that's what makes you innocent.'

The words Lucy had spoken to him not too long ago kept him from slipping into melancholy and helped him stay composed in front of the woman in front of him. "I was being manipulated," he said with a glare. "I never wanted to do the things I did. I'm glad Fairy Tail showed up and knocked some sense in me."

The woman narrowed her eyes. "Well," she said, her voice low, "too bad they're all locked up. No one's gonna come to save you when you start screaming."

Jellal smirked. A golden glow started to emanate from his body. "On the contrary," he said, his smirk stretching wider on his face. "I believe you're the one who's going to be screaming."

The woman smirked as well. She lifted her hands, one of which held a small blade that she dragged across her other palm.

As Jellal watched on with a shocked expression, the woman put the blade away before pressing her hands together. "We'll see," she said ominously, the smirk growing wider upon her face.