Chapter II

Sunlight streamed through Lucy's window, causing the young blond to start to wake up. At first she pulled the covers over her head to block it out and go back to sleep but the memories of the events from last night quickly flooded her head and she sat up. Blinking her eyes to clear away the blurriness, Lucy quickly got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she flinched at her reflection. Her eyes were red and slightly puffy, her face was splotchy, and you could see the path her tears made on her skin.

What would people think if they saw me like this? Would this confirm their thoughts on how weak I am?

Quickly shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she splashed water on her face before she jumped in the shower. While in there she made sure to wash her face more than any place else. When she got out, she checked the mirror again and saw that her face was back to normal, although it was a little pink from all the scrubbing.

Lucy then went about her daily routine. Brushing her teeth, getting on her clothes, and doing hair and a little makeup.

She grabbed her keys off the table and glanced around the room before she left. She made her way to the guild slower than she usually does. She was thinking about what she was going to do once she got there.

I can't let anyone know what I'm about to do, they'd want to talk me out of it. And I can't be talked out of it. I won't. This needs to be done. I need this to be done.

Lucy arrived at the guild and took a deep breath before she pushed open the doors.

"Ohayo Minna!" she shouted to everyone.

"Ohayo!" they shouted back.

She went over to the bar and ordered a strawberry smoothie, like she always does. Mira placed it in front of her with a smile and walked away to attend to someone else. She drank her smoothie, distracted.

I need to act as if nothing is wrong. But, I guess, nothing is wrong. My mind is set and nothing is going to change it.

"Lucy-nee?"

Lucy was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of someone calling her name. She looked around and saw Wendy walking towards her with Carla held in her arms.

She smiled at her she waved. "Hey Wendy! How are you?" she said to her.

Wendy smiled at her before she sat next to her. "I'm good. How about you? I noticed that you have a preoccupied air about you. Is everything alright?" she asked with her head cocked to the side in confusion.

Lucy stilled slightly.

She noticed?

Lucy smiled at her, though it was forced. "Hai, I'm fine, just thinking about ideas for the book I'm writing," she lied.

Wendy looked a her carefully. "If you say so Lucy-nee," she said to her.

Carla, however, was staring at her intently and wasn't convinced by her lie. But Lucy and Wendy didn't notice her stare.

Lucy's eyes glanced around the guild and saw that everyone was either occupied or out on a job. Looking back at Wendy she said, "I need to go talk to the master about something."

Wendy looked startled. "What? Why? Is everything ok?" she asked worriedly.

Lucy ruffled her hair and smiled again. "Hai, everything's fine," she said. And this time, she wasn't lying.