Chapter VI

The next morning at the guild, things weren't as hectic as they usually are. There was also a weird kind of tension in the air. But everyone knew why it was like that. It was because of their missing guild mates; Lucy, Wendy, and Carla.

The remaining members of Team Natsu (Erza and Gray) were wondering why they weren't allowed to go. Unless they specifically asked for only those two, three if you include Carla, they couldn't see why they couldn't go. Add on the fact that they asked for Wendy as well had them worried. While Wendy is a Dragon Slayer, they thought her best abilities are her healing ones. Why would they need a Healing Mage? And besides, Wendy isn't the only Dragon Slayer the guild has and, no offense intended, not the most powerful either.

And this brought them to another problem. How would Natsu react when he hears this? Him and Lucy are best friends and always did things together, never went without one another. Although, the exception could be said about this mission he took without Lucy.

Mira wasn't entirely aware of all the people she was serving due to being deep in thought.

What Master said isn't exactly adding up to some things that's been going on. Lucy's been acting a little off since the Grand Magic Games. Plus, the day before the day she didn't come in she seemed really down about something and she was adamant in talking to the Master. Somehow, I doubt that she asked for a mission and if Master did assign her one, she would've found a way to tell one of us. Also, I'm the one who records all the jobs that have been taken.

Mira paused in her work, a frown covering her face before she soundly straightened up.

"Mira? Is everything ok?" Cana asked in concern. Her words were slurred a little because of the barrel of alcohol she has but the concern was as plain as day.

Mira smiled at her friend. "Hopefully." With that being said, she quickly took out a book that contained every job a person in the guild has done. Including ones that the Master had assigned personally. Flipping through it she saw that there was no record of recent jobs assigned to neither Lucy or Wendy. Mira's eyes narrowed.

Master....what are you hiding from us?

~wWw~

Natsu was in a good mood. Him and Happy had managed to finish their job early and it had gone really well. Only one building was destroyed during the fight so not all of their money was lost to building expenses.

On their way to the train station however, Natsu's good mood disappeared. Why? Simple: Happy. Except for the fight, he had hardly spoken a word to Natsu. He tried to get him to speak, even going as far as to buy him some fresh fish. But still, he hadn't said a word. And it was starting to piss him off.

"Happy! C'mon, how come you won't talk to me!?" Natsu asked a little angrily.

Happy sighed. "I still can't get over the way you treated Lucy Natsu," he said without looking at him.

Natsu's angry attitude vanished as soon as Happy said those words. "I already feel bad enough Happy. You don't have to keep reminding me," Natsu grumbled.

"The thing is Natsu, is that you knew that she was gonna be hurt by what you were doing. You knew by excluding her that she'd be upset but you did it anyways," Happy said stiffly.

"Hey, I didn't see you trying to stop me." Natsu retorted.

"Because you asked me to do it as a favor,"Happy retorted. "You're not only my best friend but you're also my father, in every way except blood. You know I'd do anything for you but if you ask me to do something like this again, I WILL say no."

Natsu quieted after that. It wasn't until they reached the train station that he spoke up again. "Do you think Lucy will forgive me?" he asked quietly.

Magic Of The Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें