20

"Incursion signal outside west wall! Sectors Three through Eight, switch to alert status! I repeat. Incursion signal outside west wall! Sectors Three through Eight, switch to alert status!" A voice call out, as Renji look around him in confusion.

"What the hell's going on?"

Getting up, he took a step before stopping, his face turns into sadness as he remembers the day he talked to Rukia in her cell.

"I haven't pissed anywhere, you sicko." Rukai said, glaring behind her shoulder, as Renji rubs the side of his head with his knuckles.

"You pervert. I meant to say, why won't you touch your food?"

"I am simply not hungry, Fukutaichou~"

Renji glares angrily at his childhood friend, who turn her head at him in amusement, a teasing smile on her face. "What, you prick?! You got a frikin' problem with me being a Fukutaicho?!" Renji demanded angrily.

"No, not particularly. Do your best, Fukutaichou! You're amazing and strong, Fukutaichou! You got weird eyebrows and tattoos, Abarai-fukutaichou!"

"Damn you...!!" He grips onto the bars. "I'll kill ya!! Come outta there, goddammit! I have good-looking tattoos!"

"Say, Renji..." He stop putting on his angry face, and look at Rukia. "Am I... really... going to die?" Rukia confessed, as Renji glares at her and cross his arms.

"Of course. You'll get the death penalty, instant execution."

"I see... You're probably right..."

Surprised, Renji held his hands out, looking a bit guilty. "H-Hey, don't be an idiot. I was obviously joking!"

"Which is it, you fool?!"

"Who's the fool? You're the one acting weird and got me worry."

"... Joking? You worried about me?"

Her tone turns into coldness, flinching Renji in surprise. "You wanna know why I am like this, Renji? I found a younger brother of mine. Not entirely full-blooded, but we don't care. We love each other a lot. In fact, I was growing a bit of feelings for him. And yet...that night..." She turn to look at him, anger and sadness plastering on her face.

"You and Byakuya killed him!"

"... I'm sorry."

"Sorry?! You're sorry?! You just kill my brother, and that's all you can say?!" Tears appear on her eyes. "Ichigo is gone... and it's all thanks to you and my older brother! Do you know how much it hurts to betray him?! How much it hurts to said those cruel words to him?! HE'S DEAD!! I LOVE HIM, RENJI! I WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN, BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO DRAG ME AWAY!!"

Turning away, she sobs into her hands. "Just leave me alone, you murderer. I just need some time..." Renji felt a blade pierced through his heart, his eyes wide as a plate, his mouth open a little, as he look away.

"I'm really sorry for killing him, Rukia. I-"

"JUST GO AWAY!!!"

Renji flinched and tried to said something, but was silenced when Rukia sadly look at him. "Leave me alone, Renji. I don't want to talk to you anymore. I'm not sure if I consider you as my best friend anymore. You and Byakuya just kill my younger brother. I just want to be left alone and died when the execution came, I just want to see him again..." Renji turn away and walk out of the room, gritting his teeth when. he heard Rukia's sobbing behind the door.