Chapter 16: The last of her

Start from the beginning

Zeref let out an amused laughter. "Oh, dear Titania," he said. "If you try to come close to me, it will have consequences-" he pointed at Lucy, who looked terrified. "For the dearest Lucy Heartfilia."

They all gasped, even Delora who was patting Haichi's sweaty forehead.

"Elimar, will you come here for a second," Zeref called, loudly, smirking evilly. "Show them what their first consequence will be." 

After thirty seconds, the door to the room went up and Elimar walked in. His face was strained and he didn't show any emotions. He was wearing a cape, and under it... he hid the punishment in a jar.

"You called, Master Zeref." Elimar said, standing beside Zeref.

Zeref put his one hand on Elimar's shoulder. "Yes, my trustworthy Elimar," he said. "If any of them tries to do anything stupid whilst I bring back chaos... do the thing I told you to."

Elimar nodded as Zeref crossed the room to get to the machine.

"Elimar," Delora said, sobbing. She was sitting beside an unconscious Haichi. Elimar's eyes widened as he saw Haichi. "You don't have to do this! You can return to your world! You can-"

Elimar cut her off. "Don't you get it?" he exclaimed, looking angrily at them. "It's only weak souls as yours who would give in to that! I owe Master Zeref my life! This is the least I can do."

Zeref oppressed a giggle as he pressed the different buttons on the machine, and read the different papers it printed out.

"Erza," Lucy whispered, weakly, still getting healed by Wendy. "Don't let me go in the way for saving the world! It's one individual we're talking about here! I'm sure I'll survive." She gave her a small, assuring smile before she leaned against Natsu again.

Erza considered the possibility. There was a chance that she... they would loose their nakama, but... she couldn't let her selfish thoughts get in the way of saving the world.

"Gray, Natsu, Juvia!" she exclaimed, nodding to them. They nodded back, knowing what she was thinking. 

Natsu patted Lucy's head, leaving her to Wendy's healing. He then stood up, and united with his comrades. 

Natsu lit his hands on fire as Gray took position. Erza equipped into her Japanese Cloth armor ((A/N if you don't know what armor that is, it's the armor with the bandages around her breast, the red pants, and the two samurai swords. OK, continue)) and Juvia turned herself into water, to protect herself from future attacks.

Zeref narrowed his eyes, as he heard them preparing for battle. "Ah, I see," he said, walking away from the machine, uniting with Elimar. "Elimar. Do the thing."

Elimar nodded and put his hand under the cape he wore, and searched for something. Out, he pulled a jar full of fog, that changed colors.

What is that? Natsu thought, lowering his fist. Zeref who, in some way, could read his mind answered his question.

"This, Natsu Dragneel," Zeref exclaimed, grinning. "Is your dear... should we say friend? Your dear friend Lucy Heartfilia's memories."

Everybody gasped, and Gray, Erza, Juvia and Natsu stepped forward.

"You bastard!" Natsu yelled, a pulse appearing on his forehead. "Give Lucy's memories back, right now!"

The others nodded in agreement, and took position. They were ready to kill, if necessary.

With a smirk, Zeref nodded to Elimar, who threw the jar on the floor. The glass splintered everywhere, and slowly... the fog disappeared.

The whole room was left dumbfounded.