34. Wig

The funniest part about this whole thing was that some people were genuinely surprised I was a girl. I was pretty sure it was common knowledge among my followers. I'd mentioned it enough times. Well, the cat's out of the bag now, I guess. Once the shock had passed, they'd started talking about how I looked nice and cute, or hot, or boring (cool, thanks). They liked Gilbert, too. They started writing thirst tweets about me just to spite him and it was hilarious. What's even better, Hugo was now known as Hugay among millions of people, much to his chagrin.

But then I started seeing people from my school, too, and I got nervous again. "Oh, my God, look at this," I said, clicking on the Tweet, before speed-typing a reply.

 "Oh, my God, look at this," I said, clicking on the Tweet, before speed-typing a reply

The guys behind me burst out laughing when I muttered under my breath, "Exposed, bitch. You think I can't see you taking a picture of my work, huh? I see everything."

Overall, it turned out pretty okay. Hugo, Floyd and Dylan left eventually, with a smile and a thumbs-up, and a short while later, I got a text from Charlotte to congratulate me too. I couldn't help but smile at my screen. I'd done it... I'd finally done it.

I let my head fall back on Gilbert's chest behind me, raising my arms to give him some kind of weird backwards hug, and he moved to look down at me. "Hey."

"Hey," I replied, smiling at his upside-down face. "I did it."

"Yeah, you did. I'm proud."

"Well, that's good to know. I don't know if it'd have been worth it at all, if you weren't proud. Your validation is—"

He rolled his eyes and kissed me to shut me up, but this twisted position + chair thing wasn't doing it for me, so I got up and grabbed his hand to lead him to the bed. Nothing weird, alright. I just wanted to sit on a soft mattress while we kissed. I'm sure he'd appreciate it too.

But before I could sit down, he gave me this smile that could outshine a thousand suns and stroked a few strands of blonde hair out of my face, gently tucking them behind my ear. I felt my cheeks heat up when he whispered, "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Oh, please."

He pressed a finger to my lips and pulled me back onto the bed with him, sitting me down on his lap. "Don't ruin the moment."

"But that's my specialty..."

He leaned forward to kiss my pout away with a little chuckle, and I gave in and returned his kiss. With one hand on the side of his face and the other on the back of his neck and my legs on either side of his, I felt like I was in a romance movie. A predictable but sweet romance movie with cheesy music sung by a twenty-something singer songwriter that couldn't come up with anything but 'we belong together, you and me, la la la'. Basically, something I'd never watch.

But it wasn't so bad to be in that situation myself; making out with my boyfriend in my bedroom. It was pretty romantic and shit. I might as well try something new, right? This was a special day, after all. I could do anything.

I pulled Gilbert closer and deepened the kiss, meeting his tongue in the middle, and he made a surprised sound that I definitely would've laughed at if we hadn't been kissing. Nevertheless, his hands went down to my waist and a few moments later, I was lying on top of him. Which was... not my intention, but sure.

Honestly, I was kind of surprising myself with how okay I was with it all. I wasn't enjoying it per sé, but I wasn't not enjoying it, either. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was nice. Besides, I liked the idea of doing something for Gilbert for once. We'd been together for a while now and he'd been an absolutely amazing boyfriend, so he deserved something in return.

I had read stories of other asexual people having sex to please their partners and I always thought it was complete horseshit, because I couldn't imagine it to be enjoyable whatsoever, but that was kind of... silly, wasn't it? The body would react to stimuli anyway, so it should feel good nonetheless, and it was pretty cool to make your significant other happy with it. Not that I was doing that tonight, but yeah... In the future, maybe?

Well, far in the future, that's for sure. I could do with just making out for now.

The unfortunate thing was that Gilbert's body had other plans. I wasn't bothered when he flipped us around and pressed himself against me, and it took me a moment to realize what it was that was poking my leg, but when I did, I immediately froze. Holding my hands up to his shoulders to push him off, I choked out, "Um, that wasn't..."

"Shit, sorry," he groaned, sitting up and dragging his hands down his face.

"It's okay," I told him.

"I really didn't mean to, uh... get carried away."

"It's okay, nothing happened," I tried to reassure him, but he still looked ready to argue, panic and guilt overtaking his features. "Seriously. Nothing happened."

He scrambled off the bed and announced, "I'll be in the bathroom."

"Okay."

Without saying another word, he shut the door behind him.