25. Y U No Stay Away From My Boy?

Sadly but unsurprisingly, Felicia had not yet given up on her little plan or whatever. I wasn't super worried, because I knew Gilbert wasn't interested and he'd told me in one of our Rare Communication Moments™ that he didn't see the point of cheating. He reasoned that it created too much of a fuss and it was easier to just break up with your current significant other, before going out with someone else. I had a feeling that he had never been in that position and had absolutely no idea what it was really like. How hard it could be. Not that I had ever been in that position, but... well, I could imagine it must be hard to leave someone after being with them for a very long time, especially if you're all married and shit.

Anyway, I digress.

Felicia.

When I told her again that she was wasting her time, she only rolled her eyes and walked away. She didn't seem to understand that my boyfriend wasn't going to respond to her advances.

Neither did anyone else in the school. Everyone saw the blonde frequently hanging around my boyfriend (I'm sure she would have been hanging onto him if he allowed it) and the fact that he looked very annoyed by it didn't matter whatsoever. Rumors were rumors, the truth was irrelevant, and I knew all about how fucking nasty those rumors could be... I had always been the one listening and filtering through them until I got down to the cold, hard truth, just because I could, and I wasn't proud of my past... work, if I could even call it that, but I could at least be proud of my ability to discern lies from facts. I couldn't believe everyone actually took what they heard for a fact, regardless of proof (or lack thereof). Because of that, I had always both loved and hated rumors. I just never thought I'd be the subject of one.

Eve is letting her boyfriend flirt with another girl.

Bullshit.

I thought I'd gotten my point across, especially since Gilbert showed no interested, but she hadn't taken the hint at all or she was just blatantly ignoring it (probably the latter), and I was gonna have to try a little harder.

It was time for...

Operation Make The Bitch Back Off. Step One: Gather Intel.

Felicia Baker lived with her mother one week and with her father the other, and she had a little brother, a sophomore, who had unfortunately started getting in a little bit of trouble recently. Let's say neither of them were angels, but at least little Thomas was generally a nice person, despite running around doing bad boy things. Felicia, on the other hand, had a long record of saying and doing not-so-nice things, yet somehow, she'd still managed to be adored by many. She used to have a long-term boyfriend called Ryan, some guy from another school, but he dumped her because she was being unfaithful. Big surprise.

This was all old news, however. I needed new stuff. I had to get back in the game. Open my ears and eyes and any other orifice that might aid me in my quest to sneak into everyone's personal business, like the impeccable spy I used to be. Okay, maybe not all of my orifices—

"What are you doing?"

Jesus fuck—

After recovering from the scare, I shushed Gilbert, who'd so rudely interrupted me, and moved my hair behind my ear to hear better, pretending like I was texting on my phone again. I'd pulled this trick so many times and it always worked, and it wasn't even turned on! I highly appreciated the irony of this fact, but there was no time to dwell. A bunch of kids were talking about Felicia's family right around the corner right now and I had to know if there was any useful information. They were sophomores, so they must be connected to her brother Thomas...

Gilbert leaned against the wall to wait, like the smart boyfriend he was, when one of the boys said, "She's crazy, dude."

Who?