22. U Jelly?

Keeping my identity to myself was getting harder and harder with every passing day. I almost revealed it by saying someone wanted to steal my boyfriend, but I stopped myself just in time and changed the wording. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest as I retyped the Tweet so that it seemed like I was just a bystander instead of one of the people who were involved. Waiting for Christmas was proving to be rather difficult...

 Waiting for Christmas was proving to be rather difficult

Travis knew who I was talking about, of course. He knew me. He knew I wasn't just talking about 'someone else's boyfriend'.

 He knew I wasn't just talking about 'someone else's boyfriend'

I really wasn't. I didn't know Enya, but it was such a Travis thing to do. He told me that he asked her out and that they went out to see a movie, but, well... they didn't see much of it and went back to his home to do a bit of the good old in-and-out. It was so cliché I laughed so hard I fell off my desk chair.

So that's why he changed his Twitter name to 'lucky guyyy'...

I hoped the girl didn't think they went out just to hook up though, because he really, really liked her. He talked about her more often than necessary and I didn't even do that with Gilbert and I really liked him. Travis liked to pretend he was a cool, suave guy and shit, and admittedly, he did get a lot of attention if I had to believe the stories he told me, but deep down, he was actually just a big softie. A romantic craving someone to love.

After talking to Travis for a bit, I turned my laptop off, but then I got a call from Gilbert. I wasn't surprised when he started by saying, "Was your Tweet about Felicia?"

"Of course it was," I chuckled.

"I honestly didn't expect her to just walk up to me and ask me out like that. Did she really not know we're together?"

"Knowing Felicia, she probably did."

"Then why did she ask?"

"Because she likes stealing boys. It's her thing."

He was quiet for a moment, but then he asked, "For real?"

"Well, no, she hasn't really stolen any boys before, but she is definitely a boy-chaser. I'm surprised you haven't noticed. She's had her eyes set on you for a while. She told me to stay away from you."

I heard him let out an incredulous laugh. "She did?"

"Yep."

"Well, that's stupid. You know you have nothing to worry about, right?"

"Yeah, I know," I said, smiling.

Then he suddenly asked me, "Speaking of... Is, uh... Is Travis someone I should worry about?"

My smile growing, I bit my lip and covered the receiver of my phone as I snickered up at the ceiling, before I replied, "Why, are you jealous?"

"Well, I... Maybe. I don't know. You guys are very... close."

"Yeah, we are. But he's like my best friend."

"Oh, okay."

"He's dating someone."

"Good for him."

"Yeah," I said, and I couldn't keep myself from laughing anymore. To my relief, he could find it in himself to laugh at himself too, so we just laughed together for a while. And just to make sure he really knew what was going on, I said, "He told me about this girl called Enya."

"That's a pretty name."

"Yeah, I thought so too, though I couldn't help but think of Only Time. Damn meme culture. Anyway, he said they hooked up, but he's clearly got it bad for her, so... I hope they start a serious relationship."

"Ah, well, I hope so too then. He seems like a nice dude."

"Yeah, he is. Oh, hey, you should come and talk to him on Discord sometime!"

To my relief, he liked that idea.