20. Whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's'y'es

It was kind of funny that Gilbert didn't ask or even subtly hint at me to do anything, but that I could still tell he wanted it just because of the fleeting glances and touches. Sometimes I'd catch him looking at my lips, and he always sat close to me and his hugs were a little longer than necessary. But it didn't make me uncomfortable, because I knew he wouldn't do anything.

Tamara and Leslie, on the other hand, didn't quite understand what boundaries were. 'Soon' had lost its meaning and they were getting impatient. It was now a daily—no, an hourly occurrence to be asked, "When are you doing your name reveal?" It was getting rather annoying. And I wouldn't be surprised if people already knew just because of their carelessness. If I had a dollar for every time the words 'Twitter' and 'name reveal' were uttered, I'd have a handful of money and enough heart attacks to be lying in a bed in the ER.

Once, Leslie was so loud I had to slap my hand over her mouth. I was lucky somebody else screamed, "Kiss my ass," at the same time.

Whatever the reason, thank you.

After much contemplation, I had come to the conclusion that it would probably be okay for me to come out, but I was just... working up the courage to actually do it. That was literally the only reason why I hadn't done it yet. Perhaps I should give myself a deadline...

So I asked Gilbert, and he said, "Whenever you're ready."

"Really? That's all you can give me? I was hoping for a date."

He shrugged. "I don't know. You could have done it weeks ago, but you're clearly not ready."

"No, I need a kick under the butt! Give me a date."

With a sigh, he curled his arm around my shoulders on the back of his couch and said, "Then... Christmas."

"Okay, Christmas. That's pretty soon. Do you wanna come and eat with us by the way? I can imagine it'd be boring to be here in this house all alone. My brother's coming home, too."

His eyes went wide. "I don't wanna meet the parents and the big brother at the same time!"

"Oh, come on. Hugo wouldn't hurt a fly and if my parents are okay with him having two boyfriends, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just don't tell them—"

"W-what?"

"What?" I repeated.

"Your brother has two boyfriends?"

"Haven't I told you before?"

"Uh... no."

"Dylan and Floyd are their names. They've been together for... half a year now I think? Maybe longer. I don't know."

"Like, all together? In a... threesome?"

"Yeah, basically. Who knows, he might invite them to the Christmas dinner and you can meet them!"

Speaking of family: it had started to become evident to my mother and father that I was going home with someone after school at least twice a week and they knew I wasn't that fond of my friends. I'd obviously not acquired my intelligence by myself, so my creators had come upon the conclusion that I might be seeing someone.

"Eve."

She used that tone.

You know, that tone only parents knew how to use.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Where did you just come from? We know you weren't with Leslie and Tamara, because they just stopped by."