The Fangirl's Blessing ❁

Start from the beginning

"Why?" She asked innocently.

"Because..." I paused to take a deep breath. "Because he's Byun Baekhyun. He's someone very famous. And the fact that you're his number one fan makes it so hard."

"Why is it hard?"

I sighed before opening my mouth for a response.

"I didn't want to freak you out and I just don't know how to tell you or your mom."

She was silent for seconds and seemed to process what I had just told her.

"So...so that was you." She stated. "The one on the pictures."

I nodded.

Then, she looked like crying.

Oh my god.

"Ji Hye...I'm sorry."

"Do you love him?"

I nodded.

"Does he love you?"

I gulped.

"Well...he tells me he does..." I trailed off when I heard the door behind me being opened.

I saw how Ji Hye's eyes widened and I was sure that it was because of the appearance of his favorite celebrity.

"I do." I heard him say and my heart almost skipped a beat.

Had he been listening all this time?

I felt him standing next to me, facing my cousin too.

"I love her." He said and I was certain that he was gazing at me but I refused to look at him because I was busy concentrating on the heat spreading all over my face.

Ji Hye was back to not moving a single muscle since she laid eyes on Baekhyun again. Oh, this poor thing. I guess it would take her a very long time to get used to his presence.

"Is it okay if I talk to you," he hesitated. "Ji Hye?"

My cousin gasped, bringing a hand to cover her mouth, and spent a whole second shocked before she looked at me.

"Eonnie, did he just say my name?" She asked, stuttering a bit.

"I guess," I muttered with a small smile.

She turned to Baekhyun once more and nodded in a response to his question. Baekhyun bent his legs so could have the same eye level as her.

"What I'm about to tell you is very personal to me. Would you like to hear it?"

I watched her nod once more as I also grew curious about what he was going to tell her.

"I met your Eonnie up at the old hiking place. I always go there when I have time to spare. I loved that place because I used to go up there with a friend when I was about a few years older than you are." He started as he paid a glance at me, probably asking for permission to go on.

When I nodded, he turned to my cousin again.

"So that day when I first saw her, I was beyond surprised that there was someone up there too because I thought the whole time that I had the place to myself. Then some unexpected things happened and I got hurt." I swore I saw the corner of his lips turned up, probably recalling my stupid act of thinking that he was going to jump.

That scene always made me feel uncomfortable. It always does.

"She wanted to help me. At first, I was hesitant to let her do it because I should keep my identity a secret. But then, there was something different about her. She didn't seem to recognize me even after seeing my face. She freaked out but I guessed it was because of my handsome face..." He smiled crookedly which made Ji Hye smile a bit too.