Chapter Forty

/N: I can't believe how far this story has gotten. Thank you to those who have been keeping me going with writing this..I'm pretty certain you both know who you are. Also, to everyone who is reading, reviewing, favoriting and following this storyline. Truly means more to me then anyone of you will ever know!

Because you all have been so awesome to me, I have decided to keep this story going until at least I hit chapter 50. Since, I feel like there is still some more left of this story to tell. :)

Follow me on twitter for updates at: BePassionate_24

Enjoy!

Within Temptation Chapter Forty

Elena sighed out a breath, rolling over on her side and watching as the morning light caught the reflection from her diamond ring. She was happy, happier than she had been in a very long time and the reason for it all was laying right beside her. His head burying into the curve of her neck, the tickling of his breath causing her to roll away from him and glance out the window. Both of them listening to the birds chirping away as she stretched out her tired and sore body against his toned and warm naked skin.

Her body tensed the moment Stefan's hand lifted and he reached out for her, reeling her back in for another moment of peaceful bliss. It was quiet this morning, the only thing being heard was the loud grinding sound of the coffee being made in the kitchen and the smell of it was starting to pour into their bedroom.

"We really should get up and do something productive today." Elena commented, her brown eyes glistening in the morning light that was filling the room.

"Or, we could just stay here and I could keep doing this." Stefan said against her bare arm, leaving sweet and slow kisses upon her flesh that made her eyes close while she sighed out a breath. He was making it difficult for her to concentrate and for her to pull herself away.

"So, how did things go with your mother and aunt the other day?" Stefan asked her playing dumb, lifting his head up as he licked his lips and planted a kiss just above her belly button, his hands slipping the sheets down her hips even lower. Elena buried her face into her hair and deeper into the pillow as she sighed out a breath and arched her back forward towards Stefan's body. He smirked to himself, gliding his hand down to the small of her back and leaving a kiss against her stomach. He heard Elena's voice crack as she finally spoke. "Went fine." She replied quickly, mumbling out the rest of her words that didn't make much sehse at all because she was too focused on the movement of his hands.

"Good. So, I thought about helping your aunt out." Stefan said, gliding his fingers up and down Elena's spine in a soft and sensual motion that left her whimpering out for more when he finally stopped his hands from moving and flopped back down beside her in the bed, lifting up his arms so that she curled her body up beside his.

"So, are you going to do it. Are we really going to merge Dasells and her antique shop?" Elena asked, biting down on her lower lip as Stefan nipped and licked at her skin, sighing against Elena's shoulder which in turn caused her to have goosebumps across her whole body.

"Yes. We are. I'm going to talk to Damon about it and everyone else. Calling an urgent family meeting." Stefan told her, clearing his throat as he left a soft kiss on her neck, running his thumb over her bare flesh. The mood had suddenly changed between them and Elena could feel it as she shifted underneath Stefan in the warm and safe bedroom that they shared. Maybe it was the look that he wasn't allowing her to see in his green and loving eyes that were filling with unshed tears. Elena felt Stefan lay his cheek flat against her stomach as he lowered himself down beside her again. She could hear him sigh out a breath and speak, not daring to glance up at her so that she could see his facial expression. Although, she knew him well enough now to not have to ask what was wrong as his hand gently moved across her exposed and naked body and his thumbs stopped near her empty womb.