Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Thank you guys for all the reviews and interest in this story, really makes me happy to know that a lot of you like it! :) So, with that being said...Here's Chapter 19..It takes a little bit of surprising turn! ;)

Enjoy & Thanks so much for reading!

Within Temptation- Chapter Nineteen

It had been a few days since he had gotten her message. Klaus was too busy with work to call her back though, trying to figure out what he was going to do since he couldn't stay at Stefan's house for very much longer, living under the same roof as a whiny and overly emotional Rebekah lately was driving him crazy!

"He told me I looked fat! Can you believe that, then he had the nerve to ask me if I was eating for two!" She shouted across the isle in the kitchen, looking over at her brother who had a newspaper in front of him, a highlighter in his hands as he looked through the real estate section of the classified ads. "Ha, Rebekah. You're not fat and you have to realize that you are eating for two now. So, you have to eat more calories and all that..Don't you have a doctor who tells you these things?" He asked her bluntly, causing his sister's head to snap up from the cake that she had been examining, just about to eat a piece of it.

" I do and we've been to see her. She said the same thing. Although, she also said that it would take a while to experience more changes in my body...But, I figured why wait until my body decides to start changing..Might as well start packing on the pounds now..." Her voice trailed off as she licked the white cream cheese icing off her finger and then covered the cake back up with the plastic wrap, contemplating on eating it or not.

"With cake?" Klaus said, laughing a little at how unrealistically she seemed to be taking all of this.

"Yes with cake and a glass of cold milk, Klaus. Do you have a problem with that?" She asked him, just about to shove a small piece of cake in her mouth. Quickly stopping though as she looked over at him and asked. "By the way, shouldn't you be somewhere..like, fixing things with Caroline instead of looking at new places to live?" Rebekah questioned him in a stern tone, placing her hands on to her hips, tilting her head to the side as she bunched up the gray fabric of her shirt into her hands, her black yoga pants dragging across the tiled floor when she walked over to where her brother was sitting, slumped over the newspaper on a bar stool in the kitchen.

"She called me and I just...I haven't been able to call her back. I don't know what to tell Sarah anymore, Rebekah...I just-." Klaus began to explain as his sister let out an annoyed breath and placed her palms flatly on the counter top.

"I have an idea, stop looking at these classified ads and go talk to her. You'll probably be surprised as to what she has to say, Klaus. I'm sure that she misses you and is genuinely sorry for what she did. You two love each other and you'll fix this, just give it time..." Her voice trailed off as she watched Klaus rub his hands roughly against his face.

"Fine, I'll meet with her. I'll hear her out. But, it's not going to fix anything any time soon. I'm still pissed off!" He said, pushing himself up and grabbing his cell phone in one hand and in the other his car keys, ready to call Caroline and meet with her.

Her hands were shaking, her heart was pounding as she checked the mail and watched the letter from the paternity clinic fall to the ground. Caroline took a deep breath as she bent down to pick it up and just when she did, her cell phone rang. She quickly fumbled with the iphone in her hands as it nearly dropped to the concrete floor beneath her feet.

"Breath, Caroline." She reminded herself softly as she looked down at the name flashing across the screen. Her breathing stopped for a moment, words escaping out of her mind as she answered it and heard his deep and sweet voice speak. "Hi Caroline." Klaus said, a tone of sweet and sadness in his voice as she opened her mouth to speak. Yet, she couldn't find any words except for a very low and barely there. "Hi."