Chapter Thirty-Seven

A/N: Seriously you guys are SO AWESOME! Thank you so much for reading and leaving me lovely reviews that keep me wanting to write this story. :)

Anyways, things do get pretty M rated between Stefan & Elena in the start of the chapter. So, if that sort of stuff makes you uneasy- feel free to skip ahead.

Other than that, Enjoy!

Within Temptation- Chapter Thirty-Seven

They had returned home from Dasells by the persistence of Elena and how tired she was. Stefan watched from the bedroom door as she slipped out of her high heels, tossing them aside and laying down on the bed. She heard him laugh a little, glancing up to see him loosen his tie and shrug off his suit jacket.

"So, today was interesting." He commented, laying down beside her as he turned towards her, pulling the tie from around his neck and throwing it on to the floor.

"Yeah, Katherine and I actually got along today." She smiled, taking his hand into her own and tightened her fingers around his.

"Elena." Stefan began to say, his voice faltering just a little as he watched her place her hand underneath her head, turning to face him. "Yeah?" She replied, staring at him directly.

"Why won't you marry me?" He asked again, his facial expression was serious and yet his green eyes were smiling at her as she turned on her back, sighing out a breath and placing her hands on to her stomach.

"Stefan, I told you already how I feel about that." She replied, glancing up at the ceiling and not wanting to look over at him, to see the hurt in his eyes.

"You said that you like the way we are now. But, sweetie. We can be better together if we're married. Hell, we'll be happy all the time." He smirked, hearing her laugh as she shook her head. "You'll be happy all the time with all the sex we'll be having." She corrected with a wave of her hand.

"And, what will you be?" He asked, trying to stifle a laugh. Elena turned back to face him, her fingertips grazing against the collar of his shirt, inhaling his scent.

"I'll be exhausted." She playfully joked, kissing his cheek as she felt his arms wrap around her, pulling her close.

"No, you won't be. We'll take it slow." He said, taking her hand into his own and kissing her wrist as she laid on the bed, the mattress bouncing back as Elena felt Stefan get up and extend out his hand to her.

"How slow?" She asked with a beaming smile and a shake of her head.

"As slow as you want." He whispered, pulling her towards his chest and placing his fingers against the zipper on the dress she was wearing. Elena felt his touch graze against her bare back as Stefan unzipped the dress, his smile growing when she wrapped her arms around him, falling back against the bed with a laugh.

Stefan straddled her lap, his legs spread out on each side of Elena's hips, pinning her down against the bed. He watched as she looked up at him with a hazy look in her eyes. "How slow?" She asked again, taunting him.

"Very. Slowly." He replied, tugging down her dress as her hands raked through his hair and she could feel the fabric of the material of it slide down her thighs. Elena felt him lean down to leave a tender kiss against her bare shoulder. Pulling him down closer as her foot rubbed up and down his calves.

Her eyes were watery, a sweet smile appearing across her lips as she brushed her thumb against his bottom lip when she felt his body weight down against hers, rolling them over just before she was about to kiss him. The dress was somewhere on the floor by now, he know that because when he opened his eyes, all Stefan was able to see was Elena in the same position he had been. Although, her hands were pressed flatly against his chest as she rolled her hips against him and all she was wearing was her lingerie. Stefan's shaky hands lifted up when he placed them on to Elena's hips. Her smile grew as he spoke her name and she undid the zipper to his pants, slowly caressing his groin and hearing him inhale sharply at her touch.