Chapter Thirty Five

Within Temptation- Chapter Thirty Five

"Isn't eating ice cream in the morning completely not okay?" Damon asked, watching Rebekah shoving a spoonful of French vanilla ice cream into her mouth as she sat at the dining table in the kitchen, reading over a parenting book.

"When you're pregnant. You get a free pass. So, did you know that there is no scientific evidence that proves that sugar makes a child hyper?" She asked, slowly closing her eyes and indulging in the ice cold feeling of the ice cream hitting her tongue. "Mmm." She sighed, opening her eyes again to see Damon's eyebrows raised at her, his hands on his hips.

"So, how did it go with Katherine and Caroline yesterday?" He paused, pouring himself a cup of coffee in his travel mug as he turned back behind him to grab a packet of sugar.

"Katherine who?" Rebekah questioned, shaking her head and shutting the book in front of her with irritation as she placed her hand onto her already round almost to the 7 month mark pregnant belly.

"So, you two aren't on speaking terms anymore I take it. But, what about Caroline?" He asked her, stirring his coffee with a spoon and tasting it before he put the spoon in the sink to his left side. "We're not. Katherine tried to apologize and I thought it over. To be honest, I don't know if I can forgive either of them. And, as far as Caroline Mikaelson goes, she has a lot of making up to do and, throwing me a baby shower isn't even going to be the start of it."

"Caroline wants to throw you a baby shower, even if you two aren't speaking?" Damon asked her with an intrigued tone as she watched him straighten out his dark blue suit. He was headed to the office to check up on a small meeting that Stefan had called mandatory for all of his closely trusted board members and main employees.

"Yes, she thinks that it would be her way of making me accept her apology. But, she's got her work cut out for her. And, so does Katherine." Rebekah explained, slowly getting up as she watched Damon rush over to her, helping her up gently out of the chair she had been sitting in for the last hour.

"Listen, sweetheart. Just, don't stress about it. If Caroline wants to throw you a baby shower for the baby. Then, that's fine." Damon told her, leaning into his fiancée and kissing her cheek as she sighed out an annoyed breath. "What did you just say?"

Damon smiled, moving a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear before he tried to explain his thoughts. "I just said that if she wants to throw you one. Then, let her. I mean, it'd be better than having your mother come all the way into town to help out." He stated, watching her sweet stare at his face turn into annoyance.

"What do you have against my mother? Damon, I'd rather have her come here than have my former best friends throw me a party that would only turn into a disaster. Besides, Katherine can't even leave the damn house to go out to pick things up for a baby shower. She's got that hideous ankle monitor on her leg!" She replied to him, rolling her eyes and stepping away from Damon as his soft voice stopped her.

"I don't have anything against your mother, Bexs. Honestly, I'd love to see her again." He stated, watching her turn around as she placed her hands on her lower back and rubbed her aching muscles. "Great, because she's going to be here for the birth of her second grandchild and she's dying to know what we're having!"

"Did you tell her that we don't want to know until the baby's born?" Damon asked, watching her nod. "Oh, I told her alright. And, she said that whatever the baby is that she'll love him or her and as long as it's healthy. That is all that matters." She told him, slowly making her way out of the kitchen as Damon looked back at the table, eyeing the book that she had been reading earlier. He waited a few seconds before Rebekah was out of sight to look it over. "Wedding venues and ideas." He read out loud, looking at the cover and smiling to himself.