Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Hey all! So sorry it took me a while to post this update. I've had really bad writers block that I'm slowly getting over. So, with that being said. Hope you all like this update. It does have a small time jump of a few weeks. And, it also has a flashback.

Thanks so much for reading & enjoy!

Follow me on twitter at: Be_Passionate24 for updates or to chat about my stories. :)

Within Temptation- Chapter Twenty-Five

"Katherine, is that you? Honey what's going on?" Isobel questioned as she came down the stairs quickly, rushing to her daughter who was trying everything in her power to gather her things and quickly make an exit out of the house before her mother could ask her any more questions.

"Where's Ethan? I need to go." Katherine asked her, watching Isobel remove the towel off her shoulder and lean against the banister near the stairs. "He's napping. Katherine, what the hell is going on? Is that blood on your jacket..What happened!" She nearly yelled, exhaling deeply and trying to calm her breathing as she locked her eyes on her daughter, noticing the frantic pace at which Katherine was moving around the house, throwing things into a large white purse.

"I'm taking Ethan and we're going away for a while." Katherine said in nonchalant tone as she stopped her movements when Isobel stood in front of her, grabbing a hold of her by the wrist and securing her eyes. Her tone was demanding, a bit harsher than expected when she asked once again. "You are not taking my grandson away from this house until you explain yourself! What the hell happened and who's blood is that on your coat?"

Katherine stopped, leaning against the couch in the living room and removing her hand away from her mother's touch. "I did something that I'm going to regret. It was out of anger. I'm sorry. But, I need to go..You can't contact us anymore after I take my son and I leave." Katherine said, brushing past her mother as Isobel grabbed her by the wrist, searching Katherine's darkened eyes for an explanation.

"What happened, Katherine! What did you do!" Isobel asked, a frantic plea in her voice as she watched her daughter cross her arms over her chest, inhaling sharply through gritted teeth when she muttered out. "Everything will be explained over time...I just, I can't say anything right now. I'm sorry. Now, please. Let me take my son and let me get out of here."

Isobel huffed out a breath, standing her ground as she forcefully blocked Katherine's way towards the staircase that they had moved in front of. "I said. You're not going anywhere with my grandson. Until you tell me what the hell is going on!"

She watched her eyes shift down to the ground, Katherine bit down hard on her lower lip as she removed her jacket, the blood stain still seemingly fresh when she admitted. "I just wanted to scare her into leaving town. I didn't think it was going to turn into this mess. I didn't mean to have this happen to her. Please, you need to believe me. All I wanted to do was scare her away from him." Katherine confessed, tears in her eyes as Isobel lifted her hand, placing it on Katherine's overheated cheek, wiping away her falling tears.

"Katherine. What did you do? Honey, please. I'm sure whatever you did. We can fix it." Isobel urged, watching Katherine step away, shrugging her shoulders back and throwing the jacket to the ground, tears streaming down her face. "My whole life..I've been a screw up! I'm not the daughter you wanted. You should have picked her. She's the one who wanted this life..Who should have had it..But, because of me and my own jealously. She'll get none of it. I'm sorry, mom. I'm so sorry for everything that I've done. I just- Please….I need to leave." Katherine begged, breaking down in tears as Isobel pulled her daughter into an embrace, holding her tightly as she whispered into her ear. "Katherine, did you do something to Elena?"