Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: Enjoy Chapter 24 and THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading!

Within Temptation- Chapter Twenty-Four

"Wake up, momma! Wake up!" Sarah excitedly said as she tugged on Caroline's thin purple colored night gown and watched as her mother opened her light and sleepy colored blue eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked in a sleepy tone, hearing Klaus let out a small laugh as he rubbed his hand over her soft feeling legs and glanced over at her.

"It's late in the day, love. Time to get up and have some family time with our daughter." He told her, clearing his throat as Sarah smiled at him and jumped off the bed, telling them over her shoulder that she'd be in the living room, waiting.

"I was only supposed to be taking a nap, Klaus! Why did you let me sleep so long?" Caroline questioned in a slight sleepy tone as Klaus smiled and handed her a brochure with what looked like a vacation house on it.

"Because, I've been spending all morning and half of the early afternoon in trying to figure out a way for us to get out of here for a while. I want you and me to go somewhere for a bit, Caroline. I need to fix things with you. Look, I already talked to Rebekah and Damon and they said that they'd be okay with taking care of Sarah just for a few days. So, what do you say..Come away with me." He nearly pleaded, with a smile lingering across his lips.

"Mhhmm. It sounds so tempting, it really does." Caroline murmured as she pushed herself up and wrapped her arms around Klaus, smiling at him.

"I'm being serious, Caroline. We could leave tonight and come back in a few days- just the two of us. We need to leave, Chicago for a while." He told her as she sighed out a breath and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, fine. So, let's leave then. But, only for a few days...Since, we both have to come back here and work." Caroline said with a smile as Klaus pulled her against his chest, his eyes locking on to hers for a brief moment as he whispered. "We're going someplace where you've never been before and I promise you that we'll be back in time for all the important things we have waiting here. I just, I want to make things better between us and leaving the city, is the perfect idea."

Caroline grinned as she ran her thin fingernails through his short hair and watched her husband close his eyes to her touch. "Are you sure us leaving is a good idea, Klaus?" She asked him with sudden hesitation as he let out a small laugh and unraveled her arms from around his shoulders as he smiled at her and brought her hands to rest into the palms of his own.

"Of course, it is. Why wouldn't it be?" He questioned, lifting up his hand to caress Caroline's face and smiling sweetly when she closed her eyes before she admitted.

"I don't know. I just have this feeling that something bad is about to happen." She confessed, hearing Klaus sigh out a breath as she opened her eyes and glanced up to see him shaking his head at her words.

"It's this damn city and the people that we're surrounded by, we're living in fear because of it. Nothing bad is going to happen to us or the people we care about, Caroline. Now, let's just get ready to go on this little vacation. Please?" His eyes were begging with her to stop her worrying and Caroline sighed out a loud exhale as she got up from the bed too, standing in front of Klaus as she nodded in agreement. "Okay" She whispered.

"So, where are you taking us?" She asked him with a grin as he leaned into her, kissing her forehead and whispering softly into her ear. "I'm taking us far away from here. And, you're going to love it."

Matt smiled as he took a few steps closer towards Elena who was visibly shaken up from seeing him. She closed her eyes tightly as if she was waiting for him to hit her or scream at her- like he had done many times before whenever they were together. But, when she felt his arms wrap around her and he gripped on to her tightly, she inhaled sharply- her body stiffening at his touch, feeling for her phone when she stepped away from him and cursing herself as she remembered that she had left it, along with her purse in the car that she been driving.