Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Hey all! Here's CH.16 Enjoy & Thanks so much for reading!

Follow me on Twitter for updates at: Be_Passionate24

Within Temptation- Chapter Sixteen

"You came." He said, smiling even wider when she placed a bag of what he could tell were bagels on the white colored table that he sat at. It had been two weeks since their agreement and she had been coming to see him at exactly 8am sharp- every morning.

"I brought food for you and coffee for myself." Elena commented, leaning forward and handing Stefan the bag, their hands grazing against each for a just a brief moment. Her brown eyes looked away from him as he stroked her hand with his thumb for what seemed like two minutes too long.

"Stefan..." She said, her voice become hoarse- breaking a little when he took his hand away. It was like his name got stuck in her throat, causing her to look at him directly, their eyes lock on each others.

"Elena, you've been coming here for the last two weeks and you don't let me touch you. You don't even keep eye contact with me for very long. Elena…I miss you, the smell and feel of your skin under my fingertips, the taste of your lips against my own. I miss you like I've never missed anyone before." Stefan confessed, moving his chair so that it was closer to Elena's when she finally sat down beside him.

"We...we're friends, you and I. You're my friend, Stefan. And, I love spending time with you. But, you're still married to my sister. And, you and I...We'd never work. You come from money and I...I don't. I wouldn't survive in your world if we were together." Elena reminded him.

"You wouldn't survive in my world? I could easily disagree with you on that one. Because, from what I had seen. You handled things better than Katherine." Stefan said, leaning back into his seat and closing his eyes. He sat silent for a moment, remembering the night that they had gone out, cameras flashing in their eyes, paparazzi pushing them in the a hotel building as they swarmed around him and Elena, asking questions that neither of them wanted to answer.

Stefan's protective arm was placed gently on the small of her back, pulling her into the well lit and quiet lobby of the hotel that they passed by. She had watched him scan the room, his eyes locking on a white door with a red exit sign door that instantly had caught his attention while he looked around the room to make sure that none of the media had really followed them inside. Although, Stefan knew that they needed to lose the paparazzi because all of their questions were causing his head to want to explode and he could tell that she wasn't fairing any better with their excessive need to know everything.

"Did we lose them?" She asked with a laugh as Stefan pulled her out the exit door. Elena watched him close the door and exhale out a breath. She smiled at how handsome he looked, sleeves rolled up past his wrists, a nice pressed gray shirt covering his toned and tan skin with dark blue jeans that she thought made his ass look good .

Elena sighed, leaning her head back against the cool red bricks behind them as she watched Stefan approach her, a smile still lingering on his face.

"I think we did. So, I was thinking...Since they can't see us..." Stefan began to say, his hands slowly running up and down the black fabric of her cotton dress that hugged her body perfectly. He loved the feeling of it under his hands, the way she squirmed a bit when he touched her, biting down on her lower lip nervously. Yet, still raising her hand just a bit to touch his soft cheeks. She couldn't not want to touch him, the lust in his eyes was evident as he licked his lips and leaned forward, pushing a strand of Elena's curly hair behind her shoulder, his hands gently gliding across her skin as if he was afraid she'd break by his one simple gesture.