Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry, I haven't updated in a while. Life's been pretty busy..ugh! But, Enough about me! On to the story...Here's CH.18! Enjoy & Thank you all SO MUCH for reading!

Within Temptation- Chapter Eighteen

"What does she want?" Elena hissed, hands on her hips, a facial expression on her face that looked like she was fed up, pissed off at how Katherine could just easily attempt to slip back into Stefan's good graces and his new life without her.

Katherine smirked, turning back around towards Stefan and Elena, stunned expressions on their faces. "It's simple, Elena. You're mistaken identity scheme, is done here, I want my old life back. It's time I take back what's mine and take control of the mess, I'm sure you made." She commented, spinning her long brown hair in between her thin fingers, glancing up at Elena like she had just now really seen her for the first time in her life.

"You can't just waltz back into my life or Stefan's and expect to have things handed to you, Katherine. That's not how things work and besides, Stefan's done with you, he doesn't want you anymore, after everything you've done. So, I suggest you pick up your things and take your sorry ass back home to your hiding spot. Since, we both know how good you are at running away from all of your problems."

Stefan heard Katherine let out an annoyed laugh, stepping in front of Elena with threatening brown eyes, a gaze that could kill. "Listen to me, sister. We may be family and you may be sleeping with my husband, right now. But, that won't stop me from ruining you and whatever you have with him, it won't last. And, it won't stop you from destroying him. You'll use him for everything he's worth. Then, you'll leave. You've never loved Stefan as yourself. You seem to be forgetting, Elena. You've loved him for months now, for nearly a year- pretending to be me, his wife!" Katherine told her, her voice low and harsh as she backed away and smiled sweetly at Stefan.

"Isn't that right, Stefan? You don't know her...You-." She began to say as she watched Stefan cross his arms over his chest, shaking his head when he cleared his throat and spoke. "Sadly, I know more about her than I know about you, Katherine...I don't know where you've been, I don't even know why you left me. All, I do know is that before you left me. You destroyed what we had by sleeping with Elijah and god knows who else. So, as far as I'm concerned. As much as I don't know, Elena. I don't know who you are anymore, even more. Oh and one more thing, Elena certainly. Isn't you and I highly doubt that she'd sabotage my relationship with her, like you did."

Her mouth dropped open, eyes glued to his face as she scoffed at his words. "She may not be like me right now. But, eventually..She will be. I guess, we'll see about that once we all get back home." Katherine told him with a wink, turning away from them as she began to walk down the hallway. Yet, Katherine quickly stopped when Stefan called out her name softly, watching as she slightly turned towards him, eyes lighting up briefly at the way he had said her name.

"Mhhmm...Ready to tell me that you're making a mistake by being with my sister?" Katherine purred in a taunting tone.

Stefan laughed, stepping away from Elena so that he was now in the middle of the two sisters, looking up at Katherine with a charming smile on his face. "Actually, I'm ready to tell you that I want a divorce and that I changed the locks on the house. So, have fun finding somewhere else to stay. Maybe you can go back to wherever you've been hiding. I'm sure that wherever it is, it'd be better than living in a house with me- your soon to be ex-husband and the woman that he loves more than you."

She was nervous, her foot tapping against the laminated floors in the clinic as Caroline sat down on one of the cheap plastic red chairs and leaned her head back against the white colored wall. She had handed over the lab technician a sample of Klaus's DNA swab and was told that it could take 3-10 days to hear anything back as she waited for Alex to get his done. Caroline's mind was racing with memories, moments that she had loved, cherished and during the rough times with her and Klaus over the last few weeks, she had been thinking about them a lot, especially the start of their relationship when she had begged him to stay out of Chicago...