~* 29 *~

Warehouse in Brera

The leader of The Savano Cartel, Gasparo D'Luca paced back and forth in his office. Tensed and confused.

He couldn't comprehend why was he being the last to receive the news. The calls he made earlier went out of reach. He anxiously waited for the return call simultaneous tried to reach out for his men who had gone out on schedule to finish off Ella Falco.

Which will end the search of Ara Agsoti.

Gasparo wasn't able swallow in even a drop of water ever since the news of Demetrio's will greeted him as soon as he landed from Acapulco, Mexico.

First, it was the news of Ara still alive  and now Demetrio's will. Gasparo punched the wall harder, each time he thinks he is a step closer to what he wants, his fate brings him ten steps back.

"I will not be in peace until I get what I want" he murmured, changing the news channel unmindful while he waited for the call.

"What you heard was right, Gasparo. Demetrio's will is out, it isn't with the proper details but the lawyer had just given a brief of Demetrio's will. Legal documents will be provided only after one year of his death." spoke the man on the other end of the call as Gasparo answered the phone.

"Why am I getting this news only now!"

"You wasn't reachable" retorted the man from the other line.

"What's written in the will?"

"Well it's clearly written that without Ara Agosti, the company cannot be transferred or sell to anyone and if she is found dead, the company will go to the trustees. And I'm not one of the trustee

The lawyer also mentioned that, there is more to the will that can only be revealed after January. I have no idea why Demetrio had put a date for will to be disclosed" said the man.

"I'll try to figure it out. By the way, I thought Diego supposed to take over the company? What happened?" Gasparo growled pushing the chair behind as he stood.

"He is just a guardian and nothing else. It's time we abort the plan, we need to figure out something else that can help us get what we want. I repeat. Abort the plan" said that the man hung up the call.

Gasparo needed to think fast, with only limited time available he need to plan a way to capture The Agosti Firearms and make it his. Though Demetrio is no more, the urge to snatch everything from the Agosti kept his desire burning and with Ara Agosti said to be alive, he had to play the cards carefully.

-----

"How are you feeling?" Diego asked holding her hand between his.

Ella was rushed to the nearest clinic to give her an immediate aid for her injuries and if there were anything serious they settled to bring her to the hospital down town even if Diego had to miss the party.

"Cold" she replied.

The winter season and the cold water was still keeping warm at bay for Ella as she continued to shiver even with the heater on full blast.

She looked around, Lazaro and Thomas had gathered around the bed to check on her.

"I'm fine" she replied a bit better than how she was an hour ago.

"You really got us all scared" Lazaro said as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"Well thanks to you, Zaro for giving me heads-up way too early" Ella jested at his timing.

"I have no idea how these men knew about the bodyguard needed matter" Thomas wondered.

Diego left the conversation and stared out the window. He recalled the moment when he made the call to Thomas regarding bodyguard. However, he did not want to make a conclusion out of it. It could be a coincident. Yet his mind wondered back to the time he called Thomas.