~***15 ***~

Diego got infuriated when she said it was just a small accident. Did she really not know that he actually knew about the accident already? He decided to not say a word as he kept glaring her.

"Its just a small car accident in the residential area near Thomas's place. Nothing to be worried about." she repeated the same statement.

"Anyway, I'll pay." she said when the waiter return with the bill.

It was Ella's turn to glare at Diego when he handed his card to the waiting waiter as he ignored her offer to pay.

Snatching his card before the waiter could take, Ella place hers on the bill and sent the waiter away. 

"Now what is this for?" the anger in him boiled even more.

"Told you its on me. Save that for some other time" she smiled, a smile much better than she have been giving the entire dinner.

"Some other time, yeah." he fumed, following the lady who just lit the new 'fight' spark between them out the restaurant.

"We are not done yet, Ella" Diego stopped her as soon as they reached his car. 

The fact that she try to hid this accident news from him only gave him a feel of stranger to her than a friend. Why did she not tell him about the accident? So, what if it is small or big. Accident is an accident, isn't it? Though Thomas had told him about it, didn't she thought of telling it to him?

"Diego, it was just a small accident!" her voice raised a little with irritation.

"Small?! Why can't you just tell me about it? Why did you even stop Thomas from informing me about it? Had he not told me about it, I will never come to know about this, right." he retorted.

"Because it was not important! You was not in town either. And it was just a slight knock that dent the car, Diego!"

"Oh yeah, right! A slight dent.  A dent that crushed the entire rare part of the car. That's a small dent for you isn't it?" If looks could burn, Ella would have turned into ashes by now.

"Are you expecting me to inform you every bit!" Ella yelled, she couldn't fathom why was he reacting such way for an accident that happened a few days after Mia Boni's death.

"Yes! Right now with what's happening, I'm hell worried about you and Thomas! We had this conversation before, didn't we? I.WORRY.ABOUT.MY.PEOPLE."

"Well, you need to stop doing that now! Stop worrying about everyone, Diego. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror these past months? You have lost lot of weight and you are looking freaking exhausted and weak to be precised. What do you expect me to do? Add more bags of worries on you! I'm not that heartless to let you take all the problems so I can sleep peacefully. No! That's not what friends for. I know what I should tell you and what I should not!" 

"Still you could have said it. As you said it was a small accident, right. You could have told me" Diego murmured as he walked to the driver side and waited for the lady who turned into a ripe tomato to get in the car. 

The ride back to Ella's apartment was extremely silent. Ella glued her gaze out viewing the city while her mind wavered back to the day the accident happened. 

Had she not met Thomas a week ago, neither she nor Thomas would have gotten involved in that car accident. Deep down she knew exactly that the accident was intended to for her. Then she remembered, Thomas who blurted about the accident to Diego and mentioned about her safety being jeopardized. Somehow, she silently thanked god for keep them both safe without injury. Ella looked at Diego from the corner of her eye.