~~** 50 **~~

------Loonnng Chapter Ahead------

Two days later.

Ella laid on the bed, feeling much better, recovering from the high fever that struck her. Despite being sick for the past two days, instead of resting she kept her brain on the treadmill of thoughts. Running it on full speed. 

Only to get the extra throbbing headache. Even after days, the effect of the letter seems to be strong that she couldn't stop thinking about it. Though she had some breaks of other stuffs to think of in between. 

Tossing her blanket away, Ella jumped out of the bed and threw a small luggage on her bed.  

Diego had informed her that he would take her to the Moretti House in a couple of hours time and meanwhile she decided to do a little packing as the duration of her stay is completely on Diego's decision and that he isn't going to let her go any sooner.

As she dumped her cloths in the luggage, she realise something stuck on the inner part of the cupboard. An envelope. 

Ella frowned at the sight of the envelope, wondering if this is another letter from Demetrio. If it is, how did it made into her cupboard. She stared longer and than ditched the thought before taking it out from there. 

The beating of her heart instantly turned heavy as she hesitated to open to the letter. She silently wished it wasn't another letter from Demetrio. 

Her anxiousness however vanished in a second when she took out the content from the envelope. It was a photograph of her with one of her schoolmate probably when she was fifth-teen - sixteen along with a boy holding a bucket behind them. 

A little smile cracked the corner of her lips that slowly turned into a huge grin. It was a picture clicked just before the boy splashed a bucket full of cold water on her. She even vividly remember the day which was the last day of school that year. 

"Ah... finally! Finally you saw that picture" Diego's voice came in, startled her. 

"Yeah, finally. How did you get this picture?" she asked in surprise while having that big smile on her face. 

"I asked around. That's your other birthday gift" he said and shrugged. 

"Wanna recreate this?" Diego asked flashing his teeth and dancing his eyebrows. 

"I can get the bucket ready in a bit" Diego announced in excitement. 

 Ella shook her head in a no as she carefully kept the picture back into the envelope and locking it in the drawer. 

"No, thank you. It's enough that you did once. But I'll be more than happy to switch roles" she wiggled her brows and continued to pack her remaining cloths. 

"Ah... I'll pass. 

And I'm hungry... do you have anything to munch?" Diego asked and walked out of the room without waiting for her to say a word. 

Soon in a minute, he poked his head in and asked in an almost authoritative tone, "Did you take your medicines, today?" 

"Yes, Signore" she replied, faking her fear for him. 

"Good" said that he left leaving her all smiling like an idiot. 

In the time he had spent with she enjoyed most when he spent the last two days in her house, looking after her. She however took pleasure in as he took care of her. It's because of him that apart from the letter, Diego had been her other stuff  that ran on her treadmill of thoughts.