~* 64 *~

Two weeks had gone by with Diego and Thiyagu taking turns staying with Ella while she gets treated. Chandra had visited her a couple of times in the last two weeks. However, she did not speak anything about Bernardo Moretti nor did Ella initiated the topic even when she felt she should.

"I'm so glad that you are safe and fine.... And I'm extremely happy that you are the one everyone was looking for. Arabella Teresa Agosti." Chandra beamed and cupped Ella's face affectionately the first time she visited her. 

"You know, neither Demetrio nor Ruffina ever mentioned your full name to us....
Now I know, why they couldn't find you" she laughed and shook her head. Her conversation with Ella had only made the latter feel closer to her parents though it was only memories being shared.

Despite all the heart pain Chandra was going through, her love and affection towards Ella only grew like a snowball.  

Apart from Chandra's visit, Ella had spent a day with Lazaro over the weekend and it mostly been a day full of cries and thanking.

She couldn't thank Lazaro enough for being with her without expecting anything in return and to only protect her.

"I'll forever be grateful to you, Zaro. You saved my life many times. I don't know what can I do to pay you back"

"You don't need to thank me or any of that sort. I think it's my responsibility to protect you and I did. It's also my job, you know. I am a military officer, señorita" Lazaro reminded her.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"Yes"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Well... I knew it was you just before you left the military school. It's been that long" he laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Are you serious?" Ella's eyes grew wider as he grinned.

"Yes, I heard it when Demetrio Agosti and another man were having a conversation with the higher officer. But ... that's a long story that you don't need to know" Lazaro cut the topic short.

"Fine" she crossed her arms and sulked.

"Whatever, I'm not going to tell, cara.

Anyways, I'll be joining duty next week. So, I guess this will be our last meet"

"What?... You are leaving?... Why?... No...." she did not like the thought of Lazaro leaving the city. It felt as though she is being separated from her loved one once again. Lazaro had turned into a brotherly figure over the period of time they had spent together that sending him away was something she never wanted.

"I need to go, Ella. They need me there"

It was almost as hard as leaving a five year old kid with the nanny when Lazaro bid goodbye to her. He had a tough time pacifying her not to cry and that he will be back in next three months.

After staying with her for a longer hour, Ella finally gave in and sent him off with a promise to come back soon.

-----

It was a Friday and it's Thiyagu's turn to stay with Ella. Diego had left home a while ago as soon as his brother came to fill his spot accompanying Ella. While Thiyagu kept on entertaining her with his blabbering, he remembered the one thing Chandra spoke to him last night.

About Diego and Ella.

That was supposed to be an important agenda at first. Unfortunately, he got distracted with the situation that needed their attention.