~* 1 *~

Guilty and devastated, Diego drifted the car into an unknown road. He drove aimlessly heading out of the city in high speed for more than an hour before he abruptly stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. The cars behind his followed suit with a screeching halt, careful not to bump on the front car.

It was dark, the streets barely had enough lights to illuminate the empty road ahead except for the headlights flashing from the cars. Diego remained in the car braving himself to leave behind the horrific memory that happened a few hours ago. Streams of tears rolled out of his eyes.

A hand squeezed Diego's shoulder, tight in an attempt to console him as a silent gesture to stay strong. Demetrio's personal bodyguard, Thomas was equally broken and shattered with what had happened a couple of hours ago. He felt heavy and worried for Diego at the same time, the lad had been quiet ever since they escaped from the warehouse.

Diego almost felt emptiness, a sheer of nothingness took over his soul, guilt threatening him for not being able to think quicker that he did.

"Diego, I understand Demetrio's death is a huge loss but you need to brace yourself. We need to get back to Milan and I'll send my men to Brera once again. We will bring back Demetrio." Thomas's words were only heard as muffles as he drowned himself in grief.

Diego closed his eyes tight, a single tear glided smoothly down his already wet cheeks. Grief-stricken, Diego slammed his hand on the steering wheel unable to accept the fact that he had left his godfather to die alone and ran for his life.

"I won't be able to forgive myself, Thomas. We left uncle D to die," Diego cried, as he gripped the wheel tight with white knuckles.

Few hours ago,

Demetrio Agosti requested Diego to accompany him as he headed out of town alone for a meeting with his old friend and a client of Agosti Firearms. He mentioned that the visit will also be a part of learning for Diego as Demetrio wanted to make Diego a part of his company.

Owning an armament company, Demetrio's Agosti Firearms held the topmost position in supplying the weaponries to the military department of the country. It was after the death of his wife and daughter that he wished to hand the company administration to Diego whom he had raised as his own son. In attempt to familiarise the business, Demetrio takes Diego with him for meetings and dealings on a regular basis.

Agreeing to his godfather's request, Diego drove to a location the GPS was navigating with Demetrio on the passenger seat along with few other cars of Demetrio's bodyguards following behind. "Where exactly is this location bringing us?" Diego asked as he checked the direction of their location on the touch screen display on the car dashboard.

"Brera" answered Demetrio.

"That's far. Who is this client?"

"An old friend, you'll know when you meet him" Meanwhile on their way to Brera, Demetrio filled Diego in with a few details about the client they were to meet.

As Diego drove into a seclude road, he started scanning the area. Cruising through the small road, heavy silence filled the car as both had their eyes focused to their surroundings. It was entirely dark, the lights from the car were the only source of light for their path.

A few minutes later, they reached at the location in Brera where the meeting was supposedly to be held.

"In a warehouse?" Diego scanned the area with uncertainty.

'Why would someone want to have a meeting in a warehouse which apparently far from the town? Don't clients usually have their meetings in the office or maybe in a restaurant? This is highly unusual,' Diego thought as he stared at the huge building standing before him.