#32 Confused

~~~***~~~

Confused, (y/n) looks at the police officer, trying to deduce his next step.

The man slowly reaches for his hip, where a handgun is hanging loosely. (Y/n) immediately notices and reacts, leaping to her feet, the orange blanket around her shoulders slightly slipping from her grip.

He points his gun at the defenseless girl. "Put your hands up and kneel. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used agains-"

"I'm innocent, I swear!" (Y/n) raises her hands up wearily, afraid the man will decide to shoot if she makes a wrong move.

She doesn't need another scar for her already overfilled collection.

The officer's hands grip the gun tightly, but they're slightly shaking. Either he's scared or an alcoholic. Then, (Y/n) catches the man's eyes wander to her side and they light up from relief. Looking to her side, (Y/n) gets pushed by another man, a ment, and her hand is pulled down to her back. She feels cold metal around her wrists, tightly pressing against her skin. Handcuffs.

Before the ment reached her second hand, the (H/c) haired girl pulls from his grip and runs around the ambulance, to the front. Climbing her way up to the roof of the car she pants in exhaustion. This never happened, what made her tired? The ment, sadly, decided not to follow her atop the roof and let her stand there, looking at the dozens of other officers, their guns threateningly pointing at her.

She's surrounded.

"If you don't resist - the judge might go easy on your punishment, criminal." The girl gets offended by his statement.

"Criminal? What did I do wrong?" Her voice slowly starting to crack from the unquenchable tension. One of the men lowers their gun and reaches for their phone, which catches the eye of some people around the ambulance.

Now that (Y/n) noticed, a crowd of by-standers also surround the ambulance, but by a few feet away. If a shooting broke off, then there has to be a chance to escape unharmed, right?

The one officer starts reading a list, making the others tense and focuses their eyes on the criminal.

"Essentially burning a classroom, escaping from a military force, cooperation with The League of Villains and The Villain Alliance, Exploding a dozen of people's eardrums, stabbing a hero and almost punching a fellow student to death." The girl's heart skips a beat.

'I thought no one knew about that...'

Her lips quiver, tears threaten to spill as she slowly steps back. Step after step, completely forgetting the area where she is located. Reaching the edge of the roof, (Y/n) slips and starts to fall, closer into the hands of law.

Suddenly, her wings burst from her back and she floats a good 10 feet above the row of people. Gripping at her locks she closes her eyes from anxiety, quickly flying away from the policemen. No gun shots, no type of attack, only shouts.

"All quadrants towards Mitake Street, the refugee is escaping! Call reinforcements." One of them shouted towards their quadrant of officers.

The cool air hitting (Y/n)'s scarred face, she sobs, not looking where she's going. Her wings sort of have a mind of their own.

After a few moments (Y/n) opens her eyes to meet three helicopters in the distance, their lights shining around Ikebukuro district. The dark night seemed colder by the second.

(Y/n) was suddenly going straight down, her wings directing her trajectory. Getting closer to the ground (Y/n) closes her eyes, bracing herself for the impact.

But it never came.

She felt her stomach drop when her wings held her a few feet over the cement sidewalk. Her eyes hungrily looked around, looking for any hiding place she could find. Then, a nerving feeling rushed through her body.

She was at Kacchan's house.

Slightly regretting her choice, she runs to his front door and bangs furiously on it. Quietly pleading for him to open the door. Wearily looking around herself she hears police sirens in the distance, stopping the banging for a second.

Her eyes drain of color and turn completely grey.

Fear.

It's been a while since the girl felt that emotion. But this isn't the time for storytelling.

Continuing to bang on the ash blond hair's door she turns her head back and forth, making sure the police are still blind of her presence. Leaning on the door desperately banging harder it suddenly opens, making the girl fall. But before she could reach the floor, she fell on something more soft and wet. Well, soft and solid, if that's even possible.

Opening her teary eyes, (Y/n) widens them immediately, realizing she's pressing herself against a bare-chested Katsuki in a towel, presumably from the shower.

"Can you fucking stop with the banging? What's wrong with you?!" He shouts.

The girl, shrugging off the current situation, turns around and shuts the door, locking it. (Y/n) turns back and slides to the floor, leaning against the front door. Putting her head in her hands, (Y/n) heaves a tired sigh.

"They're after me..." muttering under her breath she pulls her legs to her chest, ignoring her, basically naked, ex.

"What!? Speak up! I can't hear a damn word you're saying-"

"The police are after me!" Looking at his shook face, (Y/n) immediately regrets rising her voice. She barges into his home, interrupts Kacchan's shower and has the rationality to raise her voice?

Kacchan's face softens, as he remembers the delicate moment they had together back at the hospital. Looking at his body, (Y/n) admires his evenly toned skin, bulging muscles, big hands, his piercing red eyes and that, at the brink of falling, towel, while Kacchan tries to think of anything to comfort the girl.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout. Please forgive me..." She silently pleads. The man scratches the back of his neck as sighs.

"Whatever." Walking away, he leaves the woman on the cold floor and enters a bathroom. After a few moments he comes back and shoves two pieces of clothing into (Y/n)'s hands. "You can stay here for a bit, use these as pajamas." Kacchan, now fully clothed [In his jammies], starts walking up the stairs, "Follow me."

(Y/n) expectantly follows, quietly tip toe-ing behind the tall male. He opens a door on his right and walks inside, waiting for her to enter. Looking around, (Y/n) immediately recognizes this as Kacchans room. The All-might posters and messy clothing on the floor sort of gave it away.

"You sleep here, I'll sleep on the couch." He stats walking off, leaving (Y/n) speechless.

He's never this nice.

What has she missed in those 5 years?

What changed him?

Gripping his wrist quickly Kacchan stops between the doorway. (Y/n)'s delicate and soft hand lightly rubs his own hand.

"Please don't leave."

~~~***~~~